Chapter 4

Honestly, you couldn't imagine spending the night in a castle that you had made for yourself, much less without Bunnymund or any of the comforts that you'd come to appreciate as routine. You flew back to his Warren as soon as everyone had left. 

"(Y/N)?" 

You pulled your arms against you. "It's rather lonely." 

"You know if anyone finds out, it'll be my fault, right?" 

You cocked your head. "I can go, if you want." 

He kissed the top of your head. "I'll be in there in a second." 

You wandered back to his room and sat on your side of the bed, a smile tugging at your lips as you felt particularly pleased with yourself. While you waited, you played with the elemental tricks that Ombric had shown you earlier. Fire dashed about your palm, and you turned it to water as the flame began to build momentum. When the water started leaking through your fingers, you changed to earth. A little plant began to grow, and you extinguished it with a gust of wind. 

"You're learnin' too fast, little mate," he said, coming up behind you. He put his legs on either side of your hips and pressed his chest against your back. His paws slipped over your wrists. "Soon we won't have anything to teach ya." 

You laughed lightly and leaned into him, dropping your hands. You really didn't want to imagine not needing the other Guardians for help. You couldn't believe that one day you'd be more powerful than Bunny (or any of the Guardians, for that matter), and that you wouldn't need his advice. Part of you was excited for that day, but most of you was terrified. Would you be able to control it? And the darkness you'd felt earlier, when building that castle... Could you control that

"Y'know..." he murmured, running his hands down your sides. His lips were close to your ear. "We were rudely interrupted this morning." And then your shirt was off. 

You rolled your eyes with a smile. "Someone's glad I came back." 

You turned around in his lap and straddled his legs. He was human when your eyes landed on him, and you realized that he had become increasingly able when it came to changing back and forth between the two forms. Your lips connected almost instantly. His hands flew to your cheeks, his fingers wandering lightly across the skin. The gentle touch sent chills down your spine. His hands moved behind your ears and down your neck, and his lips moved furiously against yours. He was pressing so hard into the kiss that a dull ache was already starting to grow. 

"Don't be so eager, Bunny," you teased when he separated for a quick breath.

You ran your fingers down his chest, feeling his defined abs beneath your fingers. Your hands slipped around his waist and you pulled him against you. Fire shot up and down your skin, sending a burning feeling throughout your entire body. Soon, even your arms were consumed by the heat. You could feel his heavy breaths against your skin. 

You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and kissed his neck, moving from his jaw down to his collarbone. Your kisses were usually much more gentle than his, your lips just barely skimming the surface of his skin. So this time, you allowed yourself the liberty of pressing hard, sucking at tender spots, and letting your teeth graze the more prominent areas. 

"I love you," he mumbled as you kissed him. "I love you, I love you, I love you." 

"I know," you breathed into his ear, then kissed that, too. He let out a quiet moan, which made your heartbeat quicken even more than it already was. His hands loosely wandered up and down your spine, giving you goosebumps. 

His voice was shaky and breathy: "Let me - "

But he was cut off. "Bunnymund?" 

You pulled away from him and looked over his shoulder. Were you hearing things? Through the crack in the door, you could just barely make out a familiar figure, who lit a candle. She was dressed in a low-cut tank-top and shorts. Something told you that she wasn't just there on friendly business - so what could she be doing? She was dressed in nightclothes but carried her bow.