Chapter 1

"Hey, (Y/N), catch!" 

Jack tossed a snowball into the air, and you hit it with a vine that you shot from your opened palm. It burst and snow began to fall from the snowball, doubling and tripling and quadrupling as the children below cheered. 

You landed next to Jack and couldn't help the smile that creeping onto your face. Though none of them could see you yet, Jack assured you that they would. You longed to see Johnny again, to know if he could see you. But you'd been scared to go back, afraid that he wouldn't remember. Afraid that he wouldn't see you. 

"You're a pretty good Guardian," he complimented, twirling his staff onto his shoulder. 

"I'm getting used to it," you admitted, wanting to be better than you were. But the other Guardians were helping your powers move along - Jack more so than the others, as they all had a wide variety of duties to perform in lieu of helping you. 

Cupid appeared from the trees above, then landed next to the two of you. 

"(Y/N). Hello, love." 

"Hey, Cupid," you replied, folding your hands in front of you. 

She smiled at Jack. "Ready to go skating?" 

Jack took her hand. To you, he said, "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" 

You nodded. "Sure. See ya, Jack." 

You watched them jump into the air and begin to float, then disappear from sight as Jack used a snow globe to teleport the duo to their favorite lake. The children around you were still playing in the snow, but without Jack's presence, their enthusiasm wasn't as obvious. They pushed some snow around, chatting amongst themselves, but there was no excited yelling or screaming anymore. 

You tossed a big snowball into the air, then made it burst by shooting a beam of light at it. The snowball burst, then scattered around the children, renewing their joy. After watching them for a moment longer, you jumped into the air and started back home - Bunny's Warren. 

Using a snowball to transport yourself, you arrived in the meadows outside his house within seconds. He was sitting at the edge of the river, watching it as it flowed slowly about the Warren. 

"Bunny!" 

He was smiling even as he lifted his head, the sound of your voice enough to make him dance. He got to his feet and hurried over to you, turning human before his arms wrapped around you. 

You giggled as he swept you off your feet, touching his nose to yours as he cradled you. 

"'Ay, little mate," he murmured, resting his forehead against yours. 

"Every time I see you you act as if you haven't seen me in months," you said, cupping his cheeks in your hands. 

"I only love ya, darlin'," he said, his breath tickling your skin. 

He started carrying you towards the house, still gazing down at you as he maneuvered around the tiny eggs that skipped around. You kissed his nose gently, then wrapped your arms around his neck, rested your head on his shoulder, and closed your eyes.  

Within minutes, you were on the couch, still pressed up against Bunny's chest, feeling it rise and fall with each breath he took. He ran his fingers through your hair, caressing you with gentle kisses and you told him about your day with Jack. 

"I'm still not sure I understand how to bring summer, though," you said as his lips touched your jawline. 

"You'll get it," he assured you, pausing from his kissing. "It's only the beginning of winter." 

"Where am I to practice?" you asked as he kissed behind your ear. 

"Here, of course," he suggested, then kissed your neck. 

"And I suppose the Easter Bunny had tips on how to bring an entire season?" you teased as his lips skimmed your collarbone. 

"I help with spring," he reminded you, taking a deep breath. When he let it out, is flew across your skin and sent goosebumps down your arms.

"But summer?" 

He leaned further over you and smiled. "I'll call Ombric or Manny. They know how. They were doing it before you were." 

You smiled back at him, pulling him closer. "Thanks, Bunny." 

"Anytime, little mate," he replied. He kissed you gently on the lips, then rested his chin on your shoulder. Shortly after, he was dozing, his arm still draped across you, and you couldn't think of anywhere you'd rather be.