Chapter 3

It's my third day at the school now, the guys have taken me shopping for clothes and other essentials, Peter even talked me into buying a walkman and a few cassettes, I had developed a liking for David Bowie, guns'n'roses, Michael Jackson and a few others. I had bonded really well with the guys the past few days, they quickly introduced me to  their friend Kurt as well. Today was the day that I would start my classes, I must admit that I was looking forward to it all. I changed into a pair of light blue jeans and a green flannel, that I paired with my white converse, before grabbing my bag and heading out of the room with Jean and Ororo.
"Looking forward to starting class?" Jean asked as we strolled down the corridor.
"Honestly, yes" I replied happily, "it has been so long since I was in school, I have forgotten what it was like!"
"This place doesn't have many teachers though," Ororo added, "just enough to teach students in small classes at a time". 
The girls led me to a classroom occupied by a few students. Peter, Scott and Kurt were sat at the front of the class chatting to one another.
"Hello girls" Kurt chimed.
"Hi boys" I replied gleefully.
I sat down in between Peter and  Jean and we all had a short conversation before our teacher walked in, he looked to be a slightly older man with a scruffy beard and hair that stuck up at the sides, he wore baggy jeans and a shirt that was buttoned up 3/4 of the way.
"Good morning class," he spoke in a deep voice, "we are gonna start today by introducing our new student, Emily Matthews" he gestured to me and everyone turned. "Emily, would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself? Like where you are from and what your mutations are?" I bit my lip nervously and stood up.
"Hi, I'm Emily, as you know. I'm 18 and I was born in London but was taken from my family when I was 12. I have been kept in a facility for the past 6 years and have only recently managed to escape which is when I found this place. I have a power that allows me to turn into any living creature that I want." I heard a few 'ohhhs' rise from the class.
"Can you show us?" Peter teased whilst poking my leg and wiggling his eyebrows at me. I giggled before concentrating and shrinking down into a spider monkey. The class applauded before I crawled up onto Peter's shoulder and started tugging on his hair, causing him to yelp and make the class laugh. I grew back into a human and took a bow as the class applauded again, Peter hit my arm playfully, pouting as he did so.
"Thank you, Emily" the teacher chuckled, "my name is Logan by the way. Now lets start our class". We were in the class, history, for an hour and a half before it was time to pack up. Peter, Jean, and myself all had some free time now but Scott, Ororo and Kurt all said their goodbyes as they had a maths lesson to attend. The three of us all sat down on a bench outside as we discussed what to do.
"Ever tried basketball?" Peter quizzed me.
"No, I can't say that I have"
"Are you serious?! Man you have gotta try it!" Me and Jean giggled as Peter yanked us over to a small basketball court over by the pond.
"Do you know how to play?" Peter asked as he grabbed a ball off of a bench at the side of the court.
"Sort of, I watched people play it on tv before so I at least know some of the basics" Peter laughed.
"That's good enough I guess. girls vs boy, game on". He started dribbling the ball towards the net behind me, but I blocked him enough for Jean to swoop in and steal the ball. Within seconds she had dribbled the ball back down the court and tossed it with ease into the net. We laughed and high fived each other as Peter looked over at us with his jaw dropped.
"What? Think girls don't know how to play? Bring it on speedster!" Jean taunted him. Peter chuckled before lowering his goggles over his eyes.
"Oh, it's on now" he announced. He used his speed to get the ball back down to his side of the court and score a point.
"Hey! You can't use powers!" I yelled at him playfully.
"In mutant basketball, there is no rule on powers" he replied with a smirk before grabbing the ball again. He started to bounce it between his legs so I decided to turn into a snake and quickly wrapped myself around his legs, causing him to trip over and drop the ball. Jean took the opportunity to use her powers to lift the ball into our net, making me cheer as i turned back into a human. We continued like this for a short while before Peter decided it was time to switch teams.
"Ok, me and Emily vs Jean" he demanded, "you are pretty good on your own, Jean". She chuckled.
"I guess so, Maximoff. Let's do this". We all giggled as we continued playing. Peter would occasionally pick me up so I could grab the ball as Jean made it float over to the net. But I swear that every time that he touched me my heart rate would speed up just a little bit, it was a strange but welcome feeling. After another 10 minutes or so, we finally decided to call it quits. We all slumped down on a bench at the side of the court, me and Jean were trying to catch our breathe Peter laughed at us.
"You guys have gotta keep up!" He snorted.
"Well sorry! Not all of us have the same amount of stamina as you!" I retorted, punching him playfully. He raised his hands in a defensive way before standing up and holding out his hands to us.
"C'mon, it's time for our next class". He pulled us up and we all grabbed our bags before easing our way back into the building. We trailed up the stairs and into another classroom, it was time for science with Hank.

After science it was time for lunch. Peter, Jean and I all grabbed our food from the cafeteria and sat down on the grass outside of the mansion, seeing as it was a sunny day. Kurt, Ororo and Scott soon found us and sat with us. We were all eating quietly before Scott spoke up.
"Are you guys going to the party tonight?"
I gaze him a confused look.
"What party?" I asked.
"The birthday party for One of the younger kids, they are turning 13 and The professor thought we should celebrate. Everyone in the school is invited" Ororo enlightened.
"Yeah we are going. Right, Em?" Peter queried, nudging my shoulder. I felt my heart rate pick up like before, it almost left me unable to answer.
"Uh y-yeah" I managed to spit out after a few moments, "but I don't really know what to wear".
Jean stood up quick, "no worries, I have plenty of outfits to pick from, you can borrow one if you wish" she announced. I smiled at her.
"Thank you, I would love to". She clapped and pulled me to my feet. "C'mon then, we have no more lessons today so lets get picking. Ororo can you give us a hand?" Ororo nodded and scrambled to her feet. The two of them dragged me away before I got a chance to say goodbye to the boys.
They dragged me up to our room and Jean flung open the wardrobe. "Right then," she exclaimed, "lets get started". I stared at all of her clothes, this was going to take a while.