24

This man who sat before me wasn't Gray. He was everything I wanted Gray to be, but he still wasn't Gray. I couldn't look at this man like he was Gray. I tried. The man I married took a place In my heart and I hated it. Even if he wasn't here, I was still going crazy.

Gray..he left for the business trip without even telling me. Jerk, I could have gone with him, I could have helped him. I wanted to...I don't know why. Juvia, get it straight. He doesn't love you!!

"Juvia..." his  voice kept on ringing in my ear.

"Lyon, I'm sorry. I didn't me.."
He cut me off, his hands travelled onto my hands. I didn't pull away.

———
~Lyon~
"what would you like to eat?"

She didn't utter a single word. That bastard. She was thinking about him. I never lost anything and I wasn't planing to let her go either.
Juvia, I've set my eyes on you for a very long time..

_______

~Juvia~

"Lyon....I'll take whatever you're  ordering"

I still didn't know why Lyon,
Why he kept taking me to places? It started the day I fought with Gray. It's as if Lyon knows everything about me. He always comforts me. He is always there for me. Why? Nobody has ever been there for me except my friends.

My phone started to ring. It was Gr..Gray.
I was hesitating. Why was I hesitating?

"you should pick it up." Lyon said. There was amused look plastered on his face.

"Its not important, it's just a friend." I lied.

I switched my phone off.
why is Gray calling me now?

His hand still didn't leave mine. Lyon.
His gaze was on my ring, my wedding ring.

Gray... My heart fluttered when I thought about that day. My wedding day. I couldn't forget his face from that day. It was the face of man who loves me, it was filled with warmth. For a split second that day, I thought that he might be falling for me.

I looked at Lyon. It wasn't the first time he called me out to dinner.

The flowers he gave me rested on the table. He let go of my hand. I felt as if a burden got of my chest.

"Ly.. Lyon.."

He opened a blue box in front of me. It was a necklace. no..no A diamond necklace, with a sapphire locket.

He took it out.

"I saw it when I went for a business trip, and I thought it would look good on you." He said.

The necklace, it was very expensive. I remember seeing this in one of the magazines.

Why'd he buy it for me?

"No..Lyon..I can't accept it. It'.." His hands touched mine once more.

———-

~Lyon~

"Juvia.... Please, accept it. Just think of it as a gift from a very close friend"