Chapter 33

"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
I drink too much and that's an issue but I'm okay
Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again
I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no calls
Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I can't stop
No, I can't stop
So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older
We ain't ever getting older"

The Chainsmokers ft Halsey-Closer

Carla's pov

It's been about an hour or so since Mike and Alex left,and I still have not fallen asleep!I don't know what's wrong with me,first I want them to leave so I can finally have some peace and quiet,but now  that I do have that,I just don't feel all the way content,it feels like I'm missing something.

Looking over at the clock I see that it's the middle of the night,I should be asleep by now....but I can't go to sleep and the reason for that is.....i don't know.....I seriously don't know why I can't fall asleep,maybe a hot shower would work.

                1 hour later

Ugh nothing is working,standing up from my bed, I started pacing around the room, hmm maybe if I get drink enough I could fall asleep........no if I did that then tomorrow I would wake up with a massive hangover,ok what else is there to do?maybe I could go swimming,the pool is open all night so why not take advantage.

Moving over to my suitcase that is lying on the floor right beside my bed,I open and start pulling clothes out and placing them on my bed trying to find at least one of my bathing suits,finally after about 5 minutes I finally found the bathing suit that I wanted,it was a one piece that ties around my neck and the bottom of it flows out around my waist,since instead of the bottom being like shorts it's almost like skirt kind of,and it has ruffles floating from the top and around all the to the back of swimming suit.

Closing my suitcase back I stand up and grab my room key and before I forgot I wrote Alex and Mike a note telling them where I would be if they came looking for me........I mean come on I know it wouldn't be a surprise if they came to the swimming pool all pissed off and what not,it's not like they haven't done it before so I just want to be on the safe side if you know what I mean.

Taping the note to my T.V. I head out of my room and down to the pool area,walking in I see a couple,a woman,a man, and two girls sitting on the edge of the pool talking to each other.dropping my towel onto the nearby chair I start walking towards the pool until my foot touched the ladder and I climbed into the pool,enjoying the feeling of the warm water relaxing my tense muscles.nothing like a good swim would help me relax even more.

Pushing away from the wall of the pool,I go underwater and steadily guide myself through the water,while keeping my eyes open.Running out of air I glide back up to the top of the pool,looking around I still see the same people from before,not really caring anymore I go back underwater with my eyes closed this time,I love the way the water glides through my hair and how easy it is for me swim and be relaxed at the same time.

I swim from one part of the pool to the other side,upon getting tried I swim back to the ladder of the pool,I hop and out and go the chair that has my towel on it,right now I think I'm ready to go to bed,but maybe I'm just tired from swimming,walking out I head back to my room and when I enter I noticed something strange.......the note I tapped to my T.V. was gone.......mhmm maybe I didn't tape it well enough.Yeah I'll go with that excuse.

Stripping out of my bathing suit I change into some pajama shorts and pink tank top,not really in the mood to look for anything else,hanging my swimming suit up and walk out of the bathroom and climb right into bed not even worried about cutting off the lamb on the night stand......for once since all night I'm actually tired.Finally!

Sometime after I went to sleep,I began hearing the doorknob from the outside of my room move,but I didn't feel like getting to go check,so I laid back down thinking it was either someone who had the wrong room,and then the noise stopped and that's all I remember,because after that I was right back into my deep slumber.