»49«

ATTENION

I changed the poster, how does it look? Is it good?

Also, feel free to read the A/N at the end of the chapter.

*

A decade.

Ten years.

Ten years had passed since she had last seen her father and mother. Ten years since last she had seen Kili and the dwarves. A decade of coldblooded killing. A decade of living as a mercenary.

Ten years . . .

She missed them . . . all of them.

The little inn was crowded. Men, dwarves and men and hobbits and lowly elves alike, stood with large pints in their hands and drank. Singing together, making jokes, laughing loudly. How Lyanne wished that life could be so easy.

"Half Breed." The strong liquid made its way down Lyanne's throat. Her left hand was hidden from sight by her black cloak, making it impossible to see the small dagger she always had in case a fight would break out. A thing that had saved her life many times before. "I'm talking to you."

"I'm busy."

The pint was knocked out of her hand and Lyanne closed her eyes as drops of the ale were splashed on her face. It was a strong ale. The fumes of the liquid stung in her eyes and the Half Breed clenched her jaw. "Not anymore, you're not." The man said, rather rudely. "I come on the behalf of Rogash of the Blue Mountains." He said with his arms crossed in front of his belly, head tilted slightly to the side and lips spread in a smug smirk.

"A dwarf?" Lyanne asked boredly. "What kind of dwarf hires a mercenary to do their dirty work? Is the hammer too heavy to wield?" She mocked.

"Hold your tongue." Head held high, Lyanne smiled mischievously at the man. "He was gravely wounded in an attemped assassination but four days ago, the man behind it is an old enemy of his. I believe you and him are close."

No.

Lyanne stood up, the dagger was now visible. "You tell this," She started. "Rogash of the Blue Mountains, that either he leaves the King under the Mountain be, or I will kill him myself."

"You are a mercenary, are you not?"

"Yes," She smirked. "I am. I kill for money. And I choose which assignments I accept. This one, I choose not to take. And I will only say this once . . . you leave Kili alone, or so help me, I will slaughter each and every one of you."

The corner of the man's lips twitched into half a smirk. With his arms stretched out, the man bowed lightly. "As my Lady commands." Lyanne grabbed him by the collar of his vest and pulled him close.

"I do not make empty promises." Lyanne said. "I will kill you. Put an arrow between your eyes, slit your throat, carve you open from belly to throat, I do not care how, I do not care when, but some day . . . I will kill you. Mark my words, if I find as much as a scratch on Kili, you will rue the day you were brought into this world."

The man gulped.

"Good. Now run along, go and tell Rogash of the Blue Mountains."