»13«

"Hello?" Bofur called out into Erebor's great halls. "Bombur? Bifur? Anybody!" There was no response, and so the five companions walked further into the Lonely Mountain. Smaug had not only destroyed the entrance halls, but there was also a very thick layer of pure and solid gold on the floor.

"Wait!" The familiar voice of Bilbo Baggins frantically yelled. "Wait!"

"It's Bilbo!" Oin exclaimed with a smile plastered on his lips.

"He's alive!" Bofur smiled.

"Stop, stop!" The hobbit ran up to them. "You need to leave, we all need to leave."

"We only just got here." Bofur gave him a confused expression.

Bilbo breathed heavy. "I've tried talking to him," He said. "but he won't listen." The hobbit shook his head.

"Who do you mean, laddie?" Oin asked.

"Thorin!" Exlaimef Bilbo. "Thorin- Thorin, he- he- he's been down there for days, he doesn't sleep, he barely eats, he'd not himself, not at all." Bilbo then looked around. "It's this place." He cleared his throat. "I think a sickness lies on it."

"Sickness?" Lyanne asked. "What kind of sickness- Wh- Fili?" She asked as he walked past them and down the stairs.

"Fili!" Kili called out and ran after his brother. They all followed him. Down to the treasure room . . . gold. Gold everywhere.

"Thorin." Lyanne breathed as he appeared.

"Gold." Thorin whispered. "Gold beyond measure. Beyond sorrow and grief." He looked up at the others, a large cloak hung over his shoulders. "Behold, the great treasure hoard of Thror." Thorin then threw something towards the rest. Something which Fili caught. It was a bright red gem. "Welcome, my sister sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor."

*

"Balin!" Bofur smiled. The oldest dwarf smiled, as did Dwalin who went to Bofur and embraced him in a hug.

"Kili!" Nori laughed and practically jumped on Kili.

"Thank Dürin, you're alive." Balin said.

"Bombur!" Bofur laughed loudly at the sight of his brother. "You're alive!" Bombur embraced his brother. Bifur came too, giving his cousin a large hug and laughed.

"Oin!" Gloin could not help but to smile wider than ever before.

"Lyanne, you're alive!" Balin smiled and embraced her in a hug. "Ah, I've never been so happy to see you, las."

"What happened?" Nori asked. "We thought the dragon had burned you to death."

"We thought it had burned you all as well." Bofur said.

"Who killed the beast?" Dwalin asked.

"The bargeman." Lyanne answered. "Bard slayed the dragon."

"And does he yet live?"

"Aye."

"Uhm . . ." Bilbo walked into the room. "Thorin wants to see you all."