»16«

"Azog," Gandalf paused. "he is trying to cut us off." The horn was heard once more. Making the lakemen all look back to the ruined city.

"All of you, fall back to Dale! Now!" Bard shouted.

*

"We can't hold them back! There's too many!" Lyanne shouted over the cries of the humans and the growls and shrieks of orcs. "Wh-" She frantically looked around. "Where is Bilbo?" She asked. "Where's the hobbit?!"

"Bilbo!" Gandalf shouted as he spotted the small hobbit on the ground with a orc shrieking above him as Bilbo's sword penetrated through its chest.

Lyanne hurried to the hobbit. "Get up!" She grabbed his arm. As they stood up, Azog's horn was heard throughout the valley once more. Ordering the Gundabad orcs to slaughter all. But before they could follow their leaders order, a dwarvish horn was heard. One from Erebor. "Thorin." Lyanne breathed.

A giant bell slammed through the rocky wall of the mountains entrance. And a moment later, thirteen dwarves emerged. Yelling out battle cries, arms up and running towards the orcs.

"To the King!" Dain shouted and raised his hammer. "To the King!"

"Du bekâr!" Thorin yelled in Khuzdul.
{Du bekâr - To arms/attack}

"The dwarves," Bilbo could not help but to smile. "they're rallying." He turned to the grey wizard.

"They're rallying for their King." Gandalf smiled as well.

He came to his sense. Lyanne thought and smiled. But soon she winced in pain and grabbed the piece of fabric that covering against side tightly. It is still not healed . . .

"You're still hurt." Bilbo stated.

Lyanne looked up at the hobbit. "I'm fine." She said.

"Look!" Bilbo exclaimed and looked behind the half breed. "It's Thorin!" He pointed ahead of himself. Riding up towards Ravenhill was Thorin and three others, riding as fast as their ibexes would carry them.

"And Fili and Kili. And Dwalin." Gandalf smiled. "He's taking his best warriors."

"To do what?" Bilbo asked.

"To cut the head of the snake."

"They're going to kill Azog?" The young hobbit questioned.

"Aye." Said Lyanne. Before she had time to say anything else, the familiar voice of Legolas called out,

"Lyanne! Gandalf!"

"Legolas." Gandalf breathed. "Legolas Greenleaf!"

The Woodland Prince dismounted his horse and said, "There is a second army. Bolg leads a force of Gundabad orcs. They are almost upon us."

"Gundabad?" Lyanne asked horrified.

"This was their plan all along." Gandalf concluded. "Azog engages our forces, then Bolg sweeps in from the north."

"The north?" Bilbo asked. "Where is the north exactly?"

"Ravenhill." Lyanne looked back. "Thorin, Dwalin," She breathed. "Fili and Kili . . . they're there. They're going to be killed." She looked back at the two Woodland elves. "Legolas, I need your horse."