»46«

This is it . . .

*

It hurt.

It stung.

It ached.

It burned.

It throbbed.

Bandages covered the Half Breed's bruised and battered body. On some places, her skin had teared and bled, on others, her fair skin had gone blue and purple and almost black. Dark red blood stained small parts of the bandages and everywhere on Lyanne's body, there was pain.

The soft material of the bedding covers were pulled up and she stirred ever so slightly.

The King beneath the Mountain traced the tip of his finger up from Lyanne's jawline up her cheek, and pushed away the black strands of hair that had fallen over her closed eyes.

The breath was knocked out of Kili's lungs as Lyanne grabbed his wrist. Slowly, she opened her eyes. A cold look was in those deep grey orbs. "Don't do that." The tone of her voice was cold.

Kili pulled his hand from her grip and sat down on the side of the bed. A frown appeared on his face as he realized that she was hurt. "You haven't healed yourself."

"Matters not whether I'm hurt or not."

"It matters to me."

Lyanne said something under her breath in a tongue that Kili did not recognize. She turned around and pulled the sheets up to cover her wounded body.

Something was . . . odd, about the Half Breed.

The fire crackled.

A dark orange colour lit the chambers up, spreading warmth all around them. Lyanne relaxed and sighed heavily.

Inhaling deeply, Kili lied down on the large bed. He did nothing for a minute, or so, at first. But soon, moved closer to Lyanne and placed a small kiss on her cheek.

"Rest."

"I am."

"No, you're not." He pulled her closer. "You're thinking too much, you always do, it's about time you got a good night's sleep."

Lyanne sighed.

Her eyelids fell over her grey orbs and she, unknowingly, shifted closer to Kili.