»20«

"The boy shows progress." Lord Elrond gave Lyanne a small smile.

"Aye, he does. Although his body is as sore as my own is." She sighed and rubbed her shoulder.

"He is lucky to have you as a teacher. Soon enough he will be able to defeat the strongest enemies. Come. We have much to discuss."

"Actually . . . mellon, I must leave."

Elrond looked at Lyanne confused. "Something is wrong?"

"No! No- I- I'm . . . I am not sure." Lyanne admitted. "There is something I must do."

"What?"

Lyanne did not know how to answer his question. "I came here close to a year ago. The night I arrived I asked my mother to show me the future . . . nothing appeared to be wrong but . . . word have begun to spread that war is coming and I fear for my friends." She admited. "I have to make sure they're all right."

"Erebor is impenetrable." Elrond's voice lowered. "No one and nothing can get inside. Count out the dragon." He muttered.

"There is always a first for everything." Lyanne whispered and looked down. "I have to go and make sure everything is all right."

*

"You're leaving."

Legolas stood at the door of Lyanne's chambers. Watching as she hurried to pack her belongings. Clothing, weapons and food for the journey to the lonely mountain. "I have buisness to tend to."

"Then I shall accompany you."

"No, you're more needed here."

"Lyanne, you cannot go alone. Your journy to Rivendell was dangerous enough. What if something attacks you?"

"Then I will kill it." Lyanne held up a sword. "Found it in a troll hoard when I came here." She tossed it to the blonde elf.

Legolas examined the sword with wide eyes. "This was forged before the First Age . . . well before. By the first elves." He breathed. "I did not know any were left." He handed it back to Lyanne.

"Nor did I."

She tied the scabbard around her waist and threw her bow and her newly made arrows around her shoulder. Swinging her bag around her other and glancing at the bright and white chambers once more. "You're going to Erebor." Legolas said.

"I need to know they're all well." Just as Lyanne stepped out through the door she stopped in her tracks and turned to Legolas.

"Let me accompany you. The road is far more dangerous than it used to be."

Lyanne smiled faintly. Same old Legolas. Despite what had happend in the past, he was one of her dearest friends. Lyanne reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't worry about me." She whispered.

*

A quick thing, Legolas does not have feelings for Lyanne and vice verca.

ENJOY THE CHAP.

Like/rate/comment!
Xxx