»27«

"Have you gone mad?" Lyanne raised her voice.

"It's not real." Kili whispered.

"Kili look at me."

"It isn't real . . ."

Lyanne had enough. "Kili!"

"You're not real." Lyanne shook her head and stepped up behind Kili, taking his wrist in her hand and forcing him to turn around. "You're not real!" Kili whispered.

Lyanne placed her hands on his cheeks. She cupped his face and forced him to look at her. "I'm real." Lyanne gasped. "I'm real, Kili. I'm right here, standing in front of you. I'm touching you, I'm speaking to you, I'm real, Kili, I'm real." Why must this man always make me cry? Lyanne thought. She forced Kili's body against the support beam behind him and looked in his eyes. "I'm real."

"No . . ."

"Yes." Lyanne leaned her temple against his and closed her eyes. Kili brought his hands to Lyanne's wrists and held them tight. Lyanne's head fell and she rested her head against Kili's chest. They stood in silence in each others' arms and Lyanne's hands lowered from Kili's cheeks to his shoulders. Kili's own hands were rested on Lyanne's waist and he looked down. "Please . . ." Lyanne begged.

"I wish I had died during the battle."

"Don't!" Lyanne fisted his robe. "say that!"

"I wouldn't have become the new King . . . this damned sickness wouldn't have taken me over." Lyanne leaned closer to him and Kili's arms wrapped tightly around her. "This is real, isn't it?" Kili asked.

"Yes!" Lyanne whispered. "It's real, I swear it to you, I'm here now." Kili hid his face in the crook of Lyanne's neck and took a breath. A low hum escaped from deep within his throat and he planted a light kiss on Lyanne's jawline.

"I have missed you." Kili said in a raspy voice.

Lyanne heard his tone and was washed over with worry. She frowned. "When was the last time you slept?"

"I don't know." Kili rested his chin on Lyanne's shoulder. "Can't sleep without seeing you." He admitted. Lyanne never wanted to leave his embrace. "Where have you been for the past two years?" Kill asked.

"Rivendell. Helped train Isildúr's heir." She murmured.

Kili turned his head to look at her. "Isildúr?"

"His bloodline continues. His name is Aragorn and after two years he finally beat me in a battle." She chuckled. "Every day . . . I wanted to come back but . . . I couldn't leave." Lyanne's voice then lowered. "When I arrived ... the dwarves outside mentioned you had been sick," Her eyes fell. "and how you . . ."

"Ly," Kili ran his hand slowly up her back. Lyanne shivered under his touch. "will you leave again?" Lyanne was taken back by his question. "I need to know . . . will you leave again?" Lyanne raised her head to look Kili in the eyes. She shook her head.

"Never."

*

Like/rate & comment!
Xxx