»19« {Short/Bonus Chap}

Aragorn swung his sword towards Lyanne's direction. His heavy sword hit hers and he struggled to beat her, Lyanne held her sword up, pushing Aragorn's back with ease and an amused look in her eyes.

"Again."

Aragorn took a step back, took a deep breath and attacked once more. Droplets of sweat ran down his skin. His hands were sore, legs tired and his heart pumped like a hummingbird's,

"You're too predictable!" Lyanne hissed. "Try to catch me off guard!"

"I can't." Aragorn panted and bent forward. Lyanne scoffed and moved her leg behind his, she tripped him. "Ah!" Aragorn fell to the ground. "What was that for?" He growled.

"Never let your guard down. Even while training. Now stand up and tro to surprise me." Aragorn scowled at her. He stood up and took a deep breath. He fell once more. "If I was the enemy, you would be dead by now!" Lyanne kicked Aragorn's sword away. "Training is done for the day."

She put her sword away and left. Soon she was joined by Legolas.

"You seem frustrated."

Lyanne sighed. "He isn't showing much progress. He is strong, though. But he does not know how to use that strength."

"Which is why it is good that he has you as a teacher."

"I'm not a good teacher." Lyanne mumbled.

"I know." Legolas mocked. "I'm better than you."

Lyanne shot him a scowl. "You most certainly are not!"

*

Days passed. Weeks and months. Saruman left to return to Isengard. Lady Galadriel went back to Lothlórien and Gandalf .. . well . . . no one quite knew where he went. Aragorn showed progress, his skill with the sword improved and both Legolas and Lyanne had taught him how to use a bow and arrow.

"Ah!" Lyanne's back hit the ground, her sword fell out of her grip and Aragorn stood in front of her.

Her eyes widened.

Brows raised. "I win. You lose." Aragorn smiled in triumph.

*

Like/rate & comment
Xxx