»8«

"He's been a long time." Lyanne paced back and forth.

"Give the hobbit time, he'll come." Thorin said.

"And what if he doesn't?" Dwalin asked. "What if we lose our burglar?" Thorin did not respond. Instead he waited.

A loud howl was heard in the distance. "Was that a warg?" Ori asked.

"A very big one." Lyanne replied. "I'm guessing it's Azog's." Thorin stiffened at the mention of the pale orc's name, but he remained silent. A few moments later, Bilbo came running back.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked.

"Too close. A couple of leagues, no more. But that's not the worst of it." The hobbit told them.

"Have the wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin asked.

"Not yet, but they will do. We have another problem, though."

"Did they see you?" The grey wizard asked sternly.

"Hmm?" Bilbo turned around with raised brows.

"They saw you." Gandalf stated in horror.

"No! No, that's not it." Said Bilbo.

"What did I yell you?" Gandalf smiled. "Quiet as a mouse. Exelent burglar material."

"Will you listen? Will you just listen?" Everyone got quiet and turned their attention to the hobbit. "I am trying to tell you, there is something else out there."

"What form did it take?" Gandalf asked. "Like a bear?"

"Y-" Bilbo looked at the wizard as if he was a question mark. "Ye- Yes. But bigger. Much bigger."

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur asked baffled. When Gandalf did not reply to his question, Bofur said, "I say we double back."

"And be run down by a pack of orcs." Thorin told him.

"There is a house," Gandalf spoke up. "it's not far from here, where we might take refuge."

"Who's house?" Thorin asked. "Are they friend or foe?"

"Neither. He will help, or, he will kill us."

"What choise do we have?"

"None. Now move, quickly."

The dwarves walked past him and Lyanne stepped up beside the wizard. "It's the skin changer," She said and looked up. "isn't it?"

"Yes." Gandalf sighed. "Have you met him before?" She looked up at her father. For the first time in days.

"No."

"Very well then." He nodded, his thick grey eyebrows raised. "I suggest we all run."

They ran.

The company ran through the woods, following Gandalf the Grey, when all of the sudden a deep roar was heard through the entire forest. A roar which no one had heard before. "This way! Quickly!" Gandalf ordered.