Chapter 17

Thank you so much for 3k reads!!!! It means the world to me. Keep supporting and I'll keep writing ;) For now wish me luck for my exams.

Happy reading!

Ahmed's POV

I sit on the chair waiting for papa to call me in.

After a few minutes, I hear him call me. I instantly get up and knock on his door. I walk inside once he tells me to come in.

"Idher beth jao," He says, patting the chair next to him. Mama is sitting on his right. I sit on it and wait for him to talk.

"Beta, we are finally going to tell you the truth and we are sorry for keeping it from you for a long time," He says and I nod, slowly.

"You have a wife a-and a daughter," He tells me.

Oh...my..god..

"What?! No, you're joking right?" I refuse to believe it.

"No Ahmed, this is the truth," He confirms.

"Wait, even if this is the truth, which I don't think it is. Where have they been all this time?" I ask, feeling lightheaded.

All this time. I was married and..

Ayesha...

My mind fills with lots of confusions and questions.

"You got into an accident 7 years ago and you lost your memory. We told your wife to stay and we could help you remember them again. But she refused and left. Since then we haven't been in contact with her," Mama says, sadness evident in her voice.

"Why didn't you stop them?" I question.

"We tried our best, Ahmed," Papa says.

"I want to see a picture of them," I say, sadly.

Mama nods and gets up to find the picture. She opens the cupboard and hands me the picture.

"This picture is years back when your daughter was 5 months," She says with a cracked voice. "Must be grown up now,"

The picture shows a young lady with a cute little baby.

Its been 7 years....And I didn't even know about it until now.

"She took my daughter with her and you didn't do anything about it," I say, looking at them in the eyes.

"We tried to stop her, but the court said the baby should be with her since you lost your memory. Ahmed, we loved your daughter as much as you did when she was born. It was hard for us when she left," Papa says sternly, that meant no arguing.

I get up silently and leave the room

The next day

After dropping Ayesha to the university. I drive towards the park. I sit on the bench with lots of thoughts on my mind.

What will I tell to Ayesha...She will be devastated.

A couple of hours pass, I get a call from Ayesha. I pick it up hoping to get cheered up since she never fails at it.

But it turns out to be bad news. Hussain got into an accident. I get shocked after hearing the news.

I try to comfort her even though it isn't helping. I run to the car drive towards the university