Violinist's Doctor

Start from the beginning

"I wonder where she is," Itsuki mumbled as she took a right at the end of the hallway and found herself in the eastern stairwell, "If I recall correctly," she mumbled to herself as she ascended the steps, "She was in that room from before."

Ascending to the third floor, Itsuki tried to retrace her steps to the room and after a few turns, she finally found the room. Standing in front of it, she tried to listen to the conversation inside, but could hear nothing come from the other end; she knocked on the door, hoping that Athena would answer. One, two, three – thrice she knocked against the wooden door, but there was no answer.

Maybe she's not here anymore, she thought as she put a hand on the door knob and slowly twisted it open; she pushed the door gently and saw nothing but darkness within. There was an echo inside her chest as slowly opened the door even wider as though there was something wrong with the room; she could not understand the anxiety she felt from the room, but merely swallowed her spit.

Light eventually entered the dark room as the door was almost a quarter open; she still could not see anything, but the carpeted floor. She wondered if they were there from the lack of response, but wanted to make sure that they were not there or if they merely fell asleep and could not hear them past their slumber. She knew well enough that Athena had high hearing and Cecilia would have greeted her, unless of course they were not there or if they were asleep. Her heartbeat drummed against her ears as anxiety rose further as the door was finally half way open; she still could not quite understand why her heart was pounding as though telling her something. What it was, she could only guess.

There was something in this darkness that seemed to be telling her something – something that she believed would set her uneasy heartbeat at rest; she swallowed her spit once again as she took a deep breath and peered through the darkness, but did not seem to find anything. Curious, she tried to squint her eyes past the blackness, but could find nothing; her heartbeat continued to drum as though to encourage her to walk inside, which she intended to do as curiosity had gotten the best of her.

"Miss Kitamura!" a voice called out to her just as she placed one foot through the room, "Hailey Shepard is here and is gravely hurt, but she doesn't appear to be recovering! Please come quick!"

Eyes widened, she pulled herself back and closed the door, then rushed on over to the servant; she followed her through the corridor, but the anxiety for that room remained. She looked over her shoulder as she got farther away from the room; there was something in the back of her mind that told her to go into the room, but her heart felt like it was telling her not to. It made her wonder why there was such apprehension in her chest, but did not have the time to think; there was something that needed her attention right now.

What is in that room?

Pacing down the stairs, Itsuki ran with the house help to a room where she saw Hailey lain down on the bed with her throat slit; it took her a second to process everything – from her pale as white skin, to the hollowness in her eyes, and to what was needed to be done. Approaching her, she took a much closer inspection and immediately took the pillowcase off one of the pillows then immediately wrapped it around her bleeding neck.

"I need bandages and something to close this with," she instructed those around her; the house help nodded and went to get what she needed. Itsuki turned to the young man she was with and asked; "What happened to her?"

"Slit at the throat by a spear and was pushed off a cliff," the young man replied.

"I have the bandages!"

"Hurry," Itsuki pressed on as she slowly lifted Hailey's head, "Remove the cover and wrap it around her neck," she instructed, "It will at least catch her blood and her body would close the wound on its own."