Life of a High School Witch: 5

I got home that night around eleven, an hour before curfew. However, my mom was too frantic to be suspicious of me being home early. She hadn't even changed out of her work suit yet. Something must have been wrong since she always changed out of it the second she got home. When she saw me, she beckoned me over to her study. Something big must be wrong.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked as I walked out of my heels and set them on the bottom of the steps. After that, I followed her to her study. It was a little room under the stairs with two desks and a computer. The computer screen had a sort of tracking screen with a big green light blinking near the center. The other desk was covered in maps with details drawn into the corners and notes scribbled into the margins in my mother's minute handwriting.

"Honey, I don't think we're alone anymore," she told me, sitting down at the computer desk. "I think it might have been for awhile too. I don't know how it slipped my sight for so long. According to my recent scans, there's been...someone else. Someone else living here in this very neighborhood for the better part of sixteen years. I don't know how it slipped my sight."

"What kind of being is it? Do you know?"

"All I really know is that it's on the more menacing side. They may walk among us, unnoticed, and feed off society itself. They could be the person who sits next to you in homeroom, the one tutoring you in chemistry, or taking out your best friend. Keep your eye out for anything suspicious. From what I've seen it's either a vampire or a fallen angel. Look out for any suspicious activity and not just at school. Keep your eyes wide open and do not let your guard down. You may be able to overpower a mortal but you won't stand a chance against either of the immortal monsters that lay ahead in your path. Do not let anyone evade suspicion. If you think you know, come to me with a name immediately."

I didn't say a thing. All I did was nod and head up to my room for a long night's sleep. Too many things were being bombarded on me in one night. I'd sort it out in the morning.

Life of a High School Witch (Witch/Mortal Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें