Life of a High School Witch: 4

Andrew and I were waiting to buy our tickets and as we waited, I admired Bella's taste. You see, she had pretty much picked the entire outfit for me and she was a genius when it came to clothing. No matter what your body type or style, she could find an outfit that flattered you and fit well. For me, she picked a red silk off-the-shoulder top with a sparkly gold strap, paired with a black pencil skirt and stiletto heels to excentuate my calves. My fingernails and toes were painted scarlet, I was wearing gold hoops, and my eyelids had a hint of opal sparkle eye glitter. My only complaint was that I was the same height as Andrew with the heels on, so I kept flats in my clutch at all times.

When we got up to the ticket booth, he bought our tickets and we walked into the theater arm in arm. He held me throughout the movie and, although it was fake and lame, I felt comfort in him holding me. It was almost like nothing bad could happen while I was in his arms.

I could feel his body stiffen up during the "scary" parts and his warmth enclosing my body like my leather half-jacket never could. It was about halfway through when I heard a familiar voice behind me, along with a strange one.

"Are you serious? This is like every other half-assed, low budget pussy flick. We should have just snuck in, Derek," the voice said. It took me awhile before it clicked in my mind and I realized it was Maddie behind me. With Derek.

"This movie should have been released in the 80s. By now, it'd have a major cult following and people would watch it when pumped with nostalgia either for their adolescence or a time they never experienced and wished they had." That must have been Derek. His voice was deep and gravelly, full of biting sarcasm. Then he continued. "Hell, if it had come out in the 80s I'd probably enjoy it. But it being new is the big reason it sucks so bad. Whoever wrote and casted this needs to learn a lesson. Suck off a horse or something."

Maddie giggled after he finished the sentence. They whispered on for a few more minutes before finishing the movie in silence. Something tells me it had something to do with the twenty or so hushed naggings they received for trying to "ruin the experience". I did agree with them though. The movie sucked pretty damn bad.

When it was over, Andrew and I followed Derek and Maddie out to the lobby. When we got close enough, I tapped on Maddie's shoulder. When she turned around, she gave me a huge hug. She then looked from me to Andrew and smiled.

"So, how are you guys?" I asked, a huge smile on my face and my hand in Andrew's.

"We're good," Maddie replied. "Just making fun of that shitty movie in there."

"Yeah, we heard you," I told her giggling. "So the movie was a half-assed, low budget pussy flick?"

"Sure the hell was," she said as we shifted our attention towards the guys. They were studying each other; Derek studied Andrew with great intensity and concentration, while Andrew studied Derek with uneasiness and just a hint of fear. Derek, with the body of pure lean bulk and the intensely menacing stare, towered over slightly bulkier but shorter and meeker Andrew and from what it looked like struck fear in his very heart and mind.

Maddie and I continued to talk for a few more minutes before we separated with our men and went to do whatever. It wasn't long after we got in the car that Andrew said something about Derek staring him down.

"Hey, are your friend and that huge guy like involved?"

"I know it's none of my business and I don't really wanna think about someone else's sex life," I told him humorously. "I'm also pretty sure that Derek's nothing to worry about. He's just quiet. In fact, him and Maddie have been together three months and tonight was the first night I've ever heard him speak."

"Really?"

"I'm sure. So stop worrying about Derek," I whispered in his ear. "Let's just think about us."

No, we didn't fuck. We just made out a little. Hey, I may be adventurous but I'm no whore. You don't have sex on the first date. What's important is the fact that I don't kiss and tell. ;-*