The Brothers II: Pleasant Surprise

The next morning, CJ wakes up to his alarm going off. He gets up, does his morning routine and goes to make sure his mom is awake. He knocks on the door and waits for a reply.

"Mom." He says and knocks again.

On the other side of the door, Aaliyah and Colin are in bed still asleep after a long night. Aaliyah slowly opens her eyes as the knocking continues.

"Mmmm" she groans as she stirs in the sheets. She tries to get out of bed, but Colin rolls over and wraps his arm tightly around her, pulling her into him.

"Where you goin?" He mumbles.

"Jr's at the door."

"I don't want you to go."

"Baby, I'm gonna be gone for maybe and hour, maybe a little over that."

"That's to long." He whines.

"Babe. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Mmmkay. Hurry back."

"I will."

"Good, now please go answer the door so he'll stop knocking." Colin says turning to the other side. Aaliyah gets up, puts on her robe and goes to open the door.

"Hey papa."

"Are you up?"

"I am now. I'll be ready in about fifteen minutes, okay."

"Okay."

Aaliyah quickly gets dressed and makes her way downstairs. "You ready baby boy?"

"Yes ma'am."

After a couple hours, Aaliyah and CJ finish up at the DMV. Her son's finally a licensed driver and deep down, that scares her. She drops him off at school just in time for him to make it to class on time.

He walks in the building, and upstairs to find Ariella standing at her locker.

"Hey boo" she says as she sees him walk up.

"Hey beautiful."

"So, how'd it go this morning."

"I passed."

"Congratulations."

"So, I get my car tomorrow..which means I can take your beautiful ass on a proper date."

"That's a definite possibility."

CJ smiles. "Tomorrow night?" He asks.

"Sounds good."

"Cool. I'll see you later?"

"Yup. Text me." She says before he walks off.

------------

Aaliyah makes it back to the house and Colin's still lying in bed. She walks over to the curtains and opens them up, letting all the light into the room.

"Rise and shine."

"Is there breakfast on the table?" Colin mumbles.

"There will be."

"Then I'll rise when I smell food. Close the curtains." Aaliyah rolls her eyes and closes the curtain. She heads downstairs to start cooking. Just as Aaliyah's finishing up, Colin makes his way downstairs Aaliyah standing at the stove. He comes up and hugs her from behind. "Smells good." He says before kissing her neck.

"It's almost ready."

"Good, cause ya man is hungry!"

"Don't worry, you gone get fed real good."