IX: Doctor's Orders

Kai❤️

As planned, Cam went to pick up Kai for lunch

As planned, Cam went to pick up Kai for lunch. They went to a restaurant of her choice. After getting seated, ordering drinks and their food and talk while waiting. Kai noticed Cam was in better spirit than he was when she left the house this morning.

"So how's work going?"

"Good. I had your favorite little patient this morning."

"Which one? All those little kids love me." Cam says with a smile.

"Guess...she's your favorite of the favorites."

"Sienna."

"Mhhm." She nods.

"She didn't have any cavities did she. Because she did last time I was up there and agreed to lay off the candy."

"She didn't. You should be proud."

"I am. I need to come up there and play dentist again." He says chuckling.

"I'm sure everyone in the office will enjoy that again. You had us all cracking up."

"Well then I'll definitely make time to do so."

"Well, what are you doing after this?"

"Nothing..."

"Well, not anymore. You're gonna come up to the office with me."

"Sounds good."

-----------------

After lunch, Cam follows Kai back to the office and when they walk in, he's greeted by everyone.

"Dr. Cam in the house."

"Here he go." Kai says.

So, how many patients we got today?" He asks Jade and Crystal, who's running the front desk.

"Well, Dr. Kai had 3 this morning, and she has 4 more, one which should be here any moment."

"Perfeeeect. Who's the next victim....I mean patient on deck?" He asks. Kai rolls her eyes and heads to the back while Cam continues to do Cam things.

"Ummm..." Jade says scanning through the computer. "Bryson Hughes."

"Little Bryson. I remember him. He was my little buddy."

"Every child that comes is your little buddy when you're here."

"Yup. Cam loves the kids! I'm gonna head to the back. See you lovely women shortly."

About 10 minutes later, Bryson arrives and Cam plays dental assistant and goes to the front to bring him to the back.

"Bryson." He says after opening the door. Bryson's eyes light up when he sees Cam.

"Mama, look, it's Mr. Cam." He says to his mother.

"What's up lil man. You ready?"

"Yeah."