XXI: Shook

The next morning, CJ's up before Colin. "Dad." He says tapping his shoulder.

"Mmm." Colin mumbles.

"Get up." Colin slowly opens his eyes to see his son staring at him. Colin then looks at his phone. "Jr, it's 7 in the morning."

"Okay..."

"Okay, so sleep in like normal kids."

"Dad come on."

"Give me thirty minutes bubba." Colin says closing his eyes. Clearly not understanding how this kid is up so early after playing video games all night.

"Can I at least go finish call of duty?"

"Do whatever you want, just let your dad get some sleep, k?"

"K." He gets out of bed and goes to the livingroom. After playing the game for about ten minutes, his stomach starts growling. He walks back to the room. "Dad, I'm hungry." He says standing by the door.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Colin mumbles to himself. He turns over to face the door. "There's food in the freezer. Just throw it in the microwave."

"Mom cooks me food."

"Yeah well I'm not mom...there are snacks in one of the drawers too."

CJ walks out and goes to the kitchen. He opens the freezer door, and there's not much in there, but he saw some toaster strudel, and he knows how to make those. He takes them out, puts them in the toaster and waits. Colin told him there were snacks in one of the drawers so he figured he'd grab whatever's in there too. What Colin didn't realize was that he keeps a gun in one of the drawers and it was the first one CJ had went to.

His eyes widen once he sees the gun. Colin jumps out of his sleep once he realizes what he told him, and realized he never took the gun out of the drawer. Colin walks into the kitchen to see CJ staring at it.

"Jr..." Colin says, causing him to jump. Colin walks towards him and he backs away. "Son." CJ shakes his head then walks back to the couch. "Damnit." Colin says to himself.

----------

Kai wakes up the next morning with huge a headache. Kai looks to her right, Aaliyah's still asleep. She looks to her left and Kash isn't there.

"Aaliyah..."

"Mmm."

"Wake up."

"What time is it?" She asks with her eyes still closed.

Kai looks at her phone to see a couple texts and a missed call from Cam. "9:36"

Aaliyah groans. "It's still early." She says pulling the cover over her head. Aaliyah goes back to sleep, and Kai returns Cam's call.

"Hello." He answers in a groggy tone.

"Hey babe. You still sleep?"

"I was. Wishing you were next to me."

"I wish I was too. I have the biggest hangover right now. I need you to take care of me."

Cam chuckles. "Had a little too much fun last night."

"Yeaaaah. Aaliyah had Colin's credit card, so drinks were on him." Aaliyah quickly comes from under the covers. Kai looks over at her and laughs.

"Well come home and I'll take care of you. You good enough to drive?"

"Yeah, I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll be waiting. I love you."

"I love you too." They hang up. Kai looks over and hits Aaliyah with a pillow.