XXII: Lobos

Listen, I say we don't tell Lobos what's been going on. He ain't gotta know about this. We pay him and get the fuck out of there." Tommy suggests. Felipe Lobos, well known drug trafficker that Colin and Tommy have been distributing for for the last six months.

"Nah, we gotta get out in front of it, man. Only six months we've been workin for him. We got no history built. Lobos finds out about this, and we ain't say shit?"

"Whatever. Let's just get in there and pay his ass." Tommy says as they walk into the hotel they're meeting him at.

-------------

"Ghost, tommy, nice to see you again

"Ghost, tommy, nice to see you again. You have my money of course." Colin hands him a small black bag that contains 200k.

"Pedro, count it please." Lobos says handing the bag off to one of his guys.

"It's all there. All of it." Colin reassures.

"Pedro?" Lobos looks over at him, and he nods. "Now that business is out of the way, we can enjoy some lunch, eh.? How are things?"

"Just fine." Tommy says.

"There's something you need to know." Colin counters.

"Hmm"

"We got hit."

"So I heard....did you catch this man?"

"We got him." Tommy says.

"He knew where to hit where, and when. So until we know how he got his information, we're exposed."

"So he didn't talk?" Lobos asks raising an eyebrow.

"Unfortunately for him." Tommy says.

"Unfortunately for you." Lobos says pointing to both Tommy and Colin. "It is good you did not let that effect our pay schedule." Colin and Tommy exchange looks. "When I hired you to be my New York distributor, you guaranteed me a certain level of professionalism. You told me everyone else was not worthy of my time. I believe your words were, 'They're gangs....we're a business.'"

"I did." Colin nods.

"You also guaranteed me a safe and secure pipeline."

"We plan to fix the situation." Colin reassures.

"Then you don't have time for lunch. Good afternoon gentlemen."

Colin and Tommy both stand.

"Ghost." Lobos says and Colin stays behind. "If you don't get this under control, I will take my business elsewhere. Then what use would I be to you."

"We'll get it done."

"Yes. You will. Good afternoon."

----------

"I'm Chief Angela Lara, and I'll be leading this investigation

"I'm Chief Angela Lara, and I'll be leading this investigation. I'd also like to welcome aboard Elizabeth Ramirez." Liz nods. "Let's get to it. Our goal is the prosecution of one of the most notorious drug traffickers; Mexican National, Felipe Lobos. His brutality and vicious nature are well documented. So for everyone's safety, please remember the task force is top secret. No one, not even your families, can know the name of the target of this investigation. Agent Torres, can you please bring everybody up to speed on Lobos' movements in New York this week."

Torres stands. "Lobos landed in New York this morning. Once a year, he comes to New York to meet with his bankers and american attorneys. He made those meetings, but I followed him to a third. Meet this man." He hits a button on his clicker for the next slide on the presentation. "Carlos Ruiz. Leader of the Vato Loco set of the Saldado Nation gang. We learned that one, lobos has one single distributor for his product in New York City. Two, he's not happy with his distributor and three, soldado nation and Ruiz are too low-rent for lobos. They're not organized enough to distribute his product."

"We have permission from the Mexican government to detain and prosecute Mr. Lobos, if we can build a compelling case against him." Liz interjects.

"We can't touch him unless we know we can put him in jail." Angela adds.

"Who can give us the names, places, and dates we need to convict Lobos? His New York distributor. Unfortunately, we don't know who that is. We do have a profile of the type of criminal we're looking for." Liz continues as she hands a folder to everyone in the room. He's a highly organized individual, with an establish network in place, he already knows how to move money through the system, is violent enough to control his territory, but still has something to lose.

(Pics added for dramatic effect)

Something Lobos can threaten to keep him in line. So why is lobos looking to replace him? What could have gone wrong? There must be some element out of his control. Whatever the reason this problem between lobos and his local guy is what we need to exploit, because the man we're looking for is in danger from Lobos, and us. We can give him a way out, but only if he decides to take it."

----------------

After Colin leaves his meeting, he sends his guys off and goes to check on CJ. He didn't get to see him before he left for school this morning.

Upon arriving at CJ's school, Colin gets a call from Liz.

"Hey." He answers with a smile.

"Hey you...I was thinking...maybe we could go out for lunch or something one day."

"Sure. That sounds like fun. Tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"Bye."

"Bye." He hangs up and waits for the next 10 minutes until his school lets out.