XIV: Welcome Home

"Jr, dad's gonna be here any minute, are you ready?" Aaliyah asks walking into his room.

"Yes ma'am." He says quietly. "How long till dad gets here."

"He text me earlier and said he's on his way. He had to stop by work first."

"He's not gonna have to work while we're gone, right?"

"Well, he's gonna be checking on the club and that's it. The rest of the time is devoted to family time."

"Yes! I can't wait to see grandma."

"She can't wait to see you. You haven't seen her since you were really little."

"HELLO, ANYONE HOME?" They both hear Colin as he comes through the front door. "Hey, y'all ready?" He asks as they walk to the front of the house.

"Yeah, bags are all packed."

"Let's go then.

---------------------

They finally touchdown at George Bush Intercontinental and after renting a truck to use for the week, then head to Colin's mother's house.

"I know my mom bout to ask a thousand and one questions when we walk in." Colin says as they pull into the drive way.

"Like..."

"'Why haven't you been down here to see me?' And I'm gonna say I've been busy, then she's gonna say 'What is it at work that stops you from taking a couple days off to see me. I've seen Odell, Luke and Cam more than I've seen you. Why are you still not married yet." He says imitating his mother's voice.

"Yeah, that sounds like your mom."

"Mhhm." Colin nods.

"Just answer them as best as you can. She knows where your heart is." Colin never told his mother about his other life, because if he did, she'd kick his ass and ask questions later.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." They hop out the car and Colin opens the door to the house. "Mom." He calls out. No answer.n

"Is she here?" CJ asks.

"I guess not..let me call her." Colin says pulling out his phone.

"Hello."

"Hey ma. Where you at?"

"On my way home from work. Have y'all landed already?"

"Yeah, we're at the house."

"Okay...I'll be there soon. I have to stop by the store and get some things for dinner."

"Okay...get some sour patch kids while you're there."

"Really?"

"Pleaseee? Get a few packs."

"Bye boy." She says before hanging up.

"Really? Sour patch kids?" Aaliyah asks.

"Yeah, you know how much I love them. Jr loves them too." CJ nods.