XXVI: God-Mommies

Saturday had came and it was the night of Aaliyah's party. Colin assured her that she had nothing to worry about and all of her wishes were going to be fulfilled. While Aaliyah and the girls went out to get pampered, CJ was with Colin.

"Dad, where we goin?" CJ asks.

"Gotta stop by the club, make sure your mother's orders are being taken care of."

"What if they're not?"

"Then that's my ass."

"You're scared of mom?"

"...aren't you?" He says glancing over at CJ who's in the passenger seat.

"A little."

"Me too." Colin agrees and they both chuckle.

They get to the club and as they're walking in Aaliyah calls.

"Yes ma'am?" Colin asks.

"How's everything?"

"I just walked into the club...didn't I say leave everything to me. I got everything under control. It's gonna be just the way you want it."

"It better be, or that's your ass." CJ mumbles.

Colin heard him and thumps his ear. "Shut up." Colin mouths.

"Ow!"

"Where's my son?"

"Our son is at the bar having a shot of tequila." He jokes.

"Colin, don't play with me."

"He's fine...now let me get back to handling business and you get back to enjoying yourself with your girls. We'll see you later."

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too." Once they hang up a bottle of liquor at the bar drops, causing Colin to quickly look that way.

"Oh yeah dad. You have everything under control."

"How about you go to my office and watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse or somethin..."

"I'm too old for that."

"Oh, but you're not to old to watch Barney.."

"Who told you that?"

"I have my ways...now get upstairs. There's Gatorade in the fridge, snacks in one of the cabinets."

"Yes sir."

***************

"Liyah stop worrying, Colin got everything. Now if it was Odell planning it, then you'd have a reason to worry." Kash jokes.

"I guess you're right."

They pull up to Kai's house and walk up to the door. They knock a few times and she opens the door.

"Hey, come in. I'll be ready in a second."

Aaliyah notices that somethings off with her. "You feeling okay?" She asks.

"Not really. I was making me something quick to eat, and all of a sudden I just got nauseous over the smell and..."

"...and you might be pregnant." Aaliyah says cutting her off. Aaliyah smiles.

"We need to get you a test...just to make sure." Kash adds.

"The look on cam's face when you tell him will be priceless. Colin's was. And just think, we weren't married, we barely about to graduate college. Had no money, no real jobs, and he was happy as hell. Y'all have been wanting this. So let me be the first to congratulate you. Motherhood is a beautiful thing."