XXIV: Family Dinner

The office is silent as Colin and Liz straighten themselves up.

"I'll call you..." She says puttin on her coat. Colin silently nods and watches her walk out of the office.

He takes a deep breath. "What the hell you doin man?" His phone vibrates.

LiyahBaby😍😍: Come over when you leave the club.

My Honey❤️😍: I'll come over tomorrow...okay?

LiyahBaby😍😍: alright

Colin puts on his coat and locks up the office before heading back downstairs. He finds Luke standing by the railing, looking down at the lower level.

"I'm gonna head out." He yells over the music.

"Already?"

"Yeah. See you in the mornin."

"Okay." Luke nods then his attention back to eyeing Carly at the bar, who's in clear sight. He smiles.

He decides to leave once the club closes, which is the end of Carly's shift and gives her a ride home.

"I want you to meet my family." He blurts out as they arrive to her apartment.

"Your family...in Houston?" She asks with a confused look.

"No...my family here."

"Umm. Okay." She says with a smile. "Cool. I'll uh get the girls to cook and everything." He beams. Luke really likes this girl, and even though it's against the policies that were set in place, he didn't care, and figured the guys would have to accept it.

The next day, After Luke makes his bank run he heads back to the club. A few staff members, including Carly, are there doing inventory and re-stocking. Standing upstairs in the VIP area, he hears chatter enter into the building. He looks over the railing to see Aaliyah and Akasha.

"Hey ladies." He says walking downstairs.

"Hey Luke...Colin isn't here yet?"

"No, not yet. I doubt he's at home though. What brings you both by?"

"He didn't tell you? I'm going to have my birthday celebration here next weekend."

"He didn't...but that's great. What'd you have in mind? Maybe some balloons, streamers everywhere, silly string, the DJ giving you a shout out every hour, cake and ice-cream?" Luke jokes.

"She's turning 31 fool, not 12." Kash says. Luke chuckles. "Okay, I'm thinking we can put the manquarium over there."

"Manquarium?" Luke questions.

"Girl, what the fuck is a manquarium." Aaliyah asks.

"A big ass aquarium with men in it."

"Luke, you see what I deal with."

Luck chuckles. "I do indeed. Hey, I have a favor to ask of both of you, and Kai...uh."

"Hey Luke, where do you want me to put these extra bottles." Carly asks walking up to him.

"Back in the wareroom, please." He says with a smile, and she smiles back. He eyes her as she walks off and both Aaliyah and Kash pick up on it.

"You know that's against policy, Luke." Aaliyah says eyeing and smiling at him.

"I know Liyah, but I really like this girl. She's cool. But you can't tell Colin, or Cam...or Odell for that matter. He's got a big mouth."

"Yeah, that's true." Kash co-signs. "So what, you're just gonna hide this relationship? For how long?"