XXIII: Me and You

CJ's school finally lets out and Colin stands outside by the car to flag him down once he sees him.

"What's up dad."

"Hey...thought I'd surprise you and pick you up from school."

"Cool." He says then walks to the back door.

"How bout you ride up front with me?" CJ smile and nods. "So how was school?" Colin asks as they drive away.

"It was okay."

"That lil punk still bothering you?"

"Nah. Not after I kicked his ass."

Colin chuckles. "Watch your mouth man...wanna stop and get some hot chocolate or something?"

"Yeah...that's fine." They make a quick stop to get hot chocolate then Colin takes CJ home.

"Hang on a minute. I wanna talk to you before you go in the house." CJ looks at him, giving his full and undivided attention. "I'm sorry for what you saw the other day. I know that spooked you a little bit, and I apologize."

"Why do you have that dad?"

"It's just for protection."

"From what?"

"Just in case someone breaks into my place, and especially if you're there, I'll need that to protect you. You're the most important thing to me, I gotta make sure you're okay at all times."

CJ nods. "I understand. I just don't want you to be the bad guy."

"I'm not, son."

"I know that now."

Colin smiles. "You should get in the house...get on that homework."

"You're not coming in?"

"Nah, bubba. I got some business to handle."

"Are you coming later tonight?"

"...Jr"

"You're busy, I know."

"I'll call you later okay." Colin says.

"Okay." CJ says quietly and hops out the car. "Bye dad. Love you." He says before closing the door.

"Love you too." He shuts the door and walks up to the door. After ringing the doorbell, Aaliyah opens the door.

"Hey baby."

"Hey mom."

"Where's your dad?"

"He had to go to work. Like always."

She nods. "You should go get started on your homework." He nods and heads to the kitchen table.

-----------------

The guys are at the club, and Colin heads that way. He walks in to see them all sitting at the bar.

"What's up Kap? Where you been?"

"Picked up CJ from school. Had to give him that talk."

"How'd he take it?" Luke asks.

"He's fine. He took what I said to him and understood....any sign of that mothafucka Stern?"

"Nope." Cam says.

"Good. Everything's brought up to code, there are never any issues during club hours, so there's nothing to worry about there."

"Doesn't this nigga own a ton of clubs already? The fuck he wants with ours?" Odell asks.

"Power; acquisition. He wants to be the head nigga of the club scene. He moves to New York...and we're standing in the way of that." Cam says.