XVIII: A Familiar Face

Luke calls Cam first, and then adds Colin to the conversation.

"This better be important Luke." Cam says as they wait for Colin to pick up the phone.

"Mmhm." Kai says co-signing. Rolling her eyes at him because she was under the impression that this trip would have no work interruptions.

"Oh trust me, it is." Luke says. "What the hell, why isn't he answering."

-------

"Liyah, baby hold on." He groans as her mouth goes to work on his shaft. Aaliyah looks at him, reaches up to take his phone and tosses it over her shoulder. Colin looks at her as if she's lost her mind.

"You did not just throw my phone."

She stops. "I did. Now lay back and let me finish. Whoever it is can wait."

"This woman is crazy." He quietly says while laying his head back on the pillow.

-------

"He probably still sleep." Cam suggests.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'll try again later."

"Alright, and Luke..."

"Yeah?"

"Let Colin handle it, because Kai might kick my ass if I take calls about work."

"Maybe I don't want a relationship or marriage now. I don't need my nuts being held in a pair of vice-grips."

"Yeah, well at least I'm able to bust one on a daily basis. Have a good day Luke." Cam says then hangs up the phone.

"Dick." Luke mumbles to himself. About 15 minutes later, his phone rings and it's Colin. "Hello."

"What's up Luke?"

"We might have a small problem."

"Hold on." Colin throws on a pair of sweatpants, a long-sleeved shirt and steps outside on the balcony. "What kind of problem?"

"Some guy, named Simon Stern, ever heard of him."

"No. What about him though?"

"I'm standing by the bar, some guy walks in scopes the place out, introduces himself, then mentions something about owning the club, then he walks out."

"Have you looked this guy up to see who he is?"

"Yeah, I have him pulled up right now. He owns his own establishment down the block, which only makes me wonder, why he'd want our space."

"Yeah, and after all these years..."

"Well, that's the thing...he's only been around here for a few months, but the guy is filthy rich and highly successful."

"Have you spoke to Cam about this."

"Not yet. I attempted to call you earlier and I had him on 3 way, but you didn't answer.

"Yeah, I was a little busy." He says looking into the room through the balcony door. "Damnit, Aaliyah's gonna kill me....I'll take a flight to come up there, see what's going on and try to see what this dudes motives are and why, and I'll brief Cam on what's happening. But I'll see you soon."

"I didn't mean to ruin the vacation..."

"Nah, you didn't ruin it. Mr. Stern did. See you later."

"Oh, and Happy Birthday old man."

"Thanks."

Before walking back in, he books a flight, and texts Cam to let him know what's up. He walks back into the hotel room to Aaliyah laid across the bed, questioning himself does he really want to leave this.