XXXIII: His Choice

Carly gets back to Luke's place, where he's sitting on the couch, waiting for her.

"Where've you been?"

"I went out."

"You shouldn't be going out. You've only been out of the hospital for a week. Where'd you go?"

"I just, I went out."

"Where, Carly?" Luke demands.

"That detective woman wanted me to answer a few more questions."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"Nothing major."

"What'd you tell them?"

"Nothing."

"You obviously had to tell her something...so what was it."

"She wanted to get more information on what the shooter looked like...stuff like that."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No."

"Okay...I gotta head out. I'll be back in a few hours. Please stay here so you can rest and heal."

"Okay, I will." He gives her a kiss and then leaves.

Colin followed Carly to and from the police station and has been sitting outside Luke's apartment, waiting for him to leave. When Luke is no longer in sight, he grabs the black bag out of the passenger seat, and goes inside.

He gets to Luke's apartment door and knocks. A few seconds later, Carly finally answers.

"Luke's not here, you just missed him."

"I'm not here for Luke, I'm here for you." He says letting himself in.

"What do you want with me?" She asks closing the door.

"I need you to disappear, for good. And never show your face again."

"I can't do that."

"You can, and you will. You have no choice. So here's what you're gonna do. You will take this bag, full of cash. There's also an ID in there. You will disappear and Carly will no longer exists."

"...and if I don't?"

"You really don't want to find out. I want you gone by the end of the day...better yet, before Luke gets back home." Colin starts walking for the door.

"What exactly am I suppose to tell him?"

"I don't know, write him a cute letter or some shit, but you better be gone." Colin drops the bag by the door before walking out.

Colin heads over to Odell's just to kick it with him. He and Kash are leaving for LA at the end of the week, and he wants to see where Odell's head is at as far as proposal. He wants to make sure he's really ready for it.

Odell opens the door to see Colin standing there.

"What's up bro?" Odell says.

"What's good?" Colin says walking in.

"Just trynna get ready for this trip."