New Home

She struggled within his arms, hating him, hating everything.
"Put me down you bastard! Put me down."

The joker just shook his head and continued to walk, grasping her so tightly to his chest that she couldn't push herself away.

"Damn it joker, it's just a sprained ankle, put me down."

"Not gonna risk it."

She kicked out and he just held her tighter.

"Why did you bring me out here anyway?"

"It'll be a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"You'll love this one."

She groaned and shifted again, the joker just bit the inside of his cheek to hold his smile.

He glanced down at her, at her perfectly imperfect hair, at her perfect body, and at her face, she couldn't see him, but he could definitely see her, and she was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on.

He bent his head to kiss the crown of hers, and smiled as he smelt his shampoo on her.

"Like my shampoo?"

"What's yours is mine right?" She answered back immediately, her voice a soft joking lilt that traveled gently through his body. Warming him from the inside out.

He let go of Harley with one hand and reached into his pocket, then he unfolded her hand and placed the item inside.

"Close your eyes we're almost there."

Then he turned left and took five steps from the pavement to the grass. He lowered Harley to stand and pressed his lips again to her hair.

"Surprise."

She opened her eyes and he watched as they grew and love bloomed across her features.

Then he picked Harley up bridal style, and carried her through the threshold of their new home.