Sweet

Special shoutout to the people that commented such lovely things on my little burst of excitement this morning! The first comment absolutely made my day and was from @aaasiiaa you absolutely made my day, I mean you commented within the first five minutes of me posting so thank you so much!

Thank you also to @only-fools I'm so glad that you guys took the time to comment and vote on my story. It means a lot so thank you guys so much!

This one goes out to you guys.

Basing this off a true story..
____________________________

Harley braced herself against the sink, her back was slumped and she faced the window, her knuckles were white as she gripped the metal of the sink. She breathed out in a heavy sigh and her fingers tightened.
Calm down. She told herself, but it didn't work. Her breathing became heavier until she stood there sobbing against the sink.

Then he walked in.

An air of pure unadulterated rage surrounded him. His fists were clenched, his teeth gritted. He was ready to yell, to scream, to fight. But then he saw her. There Harley was, leaning against the bench as if it was the only thing holding her up.

She turned suddenly and and became completely still. And all the joker could do was look. She looked weak, vulnerable, and the joker suddenly found himself wondering when she had become like this. Makeup was smeared across her face, her cheekbones were wet, and her voice shook like a fading static.

"Do you see what you have done to me?"

All of his anger, all of his dark words and bitter insults melted away when she said that. Because for the first time in a long time the joker was seeing her, in her truest, rarest form. And Harley was hurt. Hurt real bad.

"Do you see what I have become because of you?"

"Harley... I-"

"I don't want to hear it. Not anymore."

"Harley-"

"Just shut up-"

"Harley-"

"What?" Her voice was a razor. "What could you possibly have to say to me?"

The joker took a step forward.
"I'm sorry."

"And what is that going to do?"
Another tear slid from the blue of her eyes, and the joker realised that she wasn't angry, Harley was just sad.

"Aren't you going to be mad, angry, screaming?"

Another tear.

"Honestly? What's the point?"

"Harley."

"What could possibly be the point?"

"Because you love me, right? That's why you should be angry instead of sad."

She smiled pitifully, a lifting of the corners of her mouth whilst the tears still feel, and somehow that made her look infinitely sadder. She looked like she was in agony, complete and utter agony.

"I'll- I'll give you time to think about it." The joker backed out of the kitchen and leant against the wall, listening to her cry.

He heard the sound of flesh against porcelain and then suddenly a crash broke the silence that had fallen between them. He swung back into the room to find Harley holding their plates.

She screamed, a long, horrendous shriek, and threw another of the plates to the floor, it hit the ground and instead of breaking, bounced and skid to the jokers feet.

He bent down and lifted it from the floor as another rainfall of shards decorated the ground. Then another, and another again, until she had broken every plate except from the one in his hands.

He lifted his gaze from the mess in the floor to her face and found only worry staring back at him.
"I'll-I'll clean this up." Her voice shook, all sadness and disappointment now replaced with fear.

He looked at her, then back again at the floor, then finally his gaze fell heavily on the plate in his hands.

He breathed out until his body was completely empty, then he filled his lungs, and yelled out as he too threw the plate onto the ground.

"Restaurant?" His voice sounded like a whisper after the chaos of noise that had just surrounded them.

He reached over and grasped her by the waist, lifting her over the broken mess, and together the pair left the room.