It's alright

He waited until the sun had set completely and the moon was directly above in the sky.
He waited until Gotham city was as quiet as a graveyard and the wind was the only thing to be heard in the streets.
He waited until he was sure that he was the only person in the city to be awake.
Then he lent down and pressed his lips to hers, and he lay next to her and pulled her body into the shape of his.
He held Harley as close as possible, and just lay there, breathing, living, and existing. Existing in the silent happiness of her body, he breathed in and he smelt her, he snuggled closer.
And he did this in silence.

Absolute silence because he knew that if she woke she would scream and she would hit and she would cry, and he would have to move back, give her room, and leave her until the next night came.

So he was silent, as he would forever be if it meant that for a short sweet moment he could pretend that she was his.

He did not sleep, he kept his eyes open and focused on the bare skin of her nape. He memorised every freckle, every hair, and wished, he wished that he could do this in daylight. But he had lost his chance.

So instead he would lie there, next to her, living from this belief that she was his and that they were together and happy. And he would not close his eyes, because to do so would destroy the happy paradise that he had created.
And tomorrow, at four fifty-six he would pull away from her body, and then he would wait again, until nighttime so just so that he could enter the heaven that Harley offered. He would wait again until two forty-seven just so he could hold her.

No, he would not sleep tonight.

But the fatigue that he would feel in the morning would be worth it to spend the night lying next to the woman he loved.

"I love you." His voice was quieter than the falling of snow.

"I loved you." She whispered back.

"Not anymore?"

Harley didn't respond.

"It's alright," his voice was the only sound in the city, "I'll love you enough for the both of us."

----------------------

Sorry for the late and short update, it's school holidays and to be honest I lose all track of time during these two weeks.

I have nothing to do tomorrow so I might make this shitty update up to you guys.