What Belonged to Her

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," Athena apologised as she opened her palm and closed her eyes, mentally chanting words as she said; "I had my own doubts before but when I saw Jesslyn's corpse, it triggered my memory of the prophecy Thesa told me," she explained, "Right now both of you need to get all the students in the pit and tell Ford to keep them safe," then a whirl of light spun in her hand as her eyes turned to the bright, yet palest colour of blue, "I trust their life in your hands, Hyde."

Both nodding, Hyde sprinted out of the room as much as Cecilia vanished to get Ford to assemble his men. On the other hand, Athena stayed in the room and resumed her chant as the ground underneath her shook; the other realm had been sending tremors all over the world and she felt stupid that she did not notice it earlier. She only hoped that it was not too late; she did not wish for the world to end just as her children had just entered this beautiful realm. They are the reasons she had to leave them for a moment; even her own love, Thesalia.

Whilst Athena was chanting, Ford saw Cecilia appear in front of him just as he was about to enter the control room; it took him by surprise at her sudden appearance, but the look on her face told him that she was not there for pleasantries. The young mage approached him with a near grim look on her face that told him that she was about to tell him something that he did not wish to even hear.

"Sorry to suddenly come here, Ford," she spoke as she looked away for a moment, "But I need you and your men to assist the students into the pit now."

Ford nodded, "Understood," he saluted as he raised his wrist to his lips and radioed his men to mobilise, "I won't ask why," he spoke as Cecilia walked on over to the row of monitors that showed most of the school, "But at least tell me what's going on."

"The prophecy," Cecilia spoke under her breath as she watched the screens and saw how Ford's men had the students walk out in orderly fashion, "They found the key to unleashing the hungry spirits on earth."

Ford crossed his arms as he watched the screen too, "I don't know if I should ask this," he hesitated, "But," then took a deep breath before asking; "What is this prophecy?"

"No time to explain," Cecilia replied almost immediately as she spun around and headed for the door, "Get all your men geared up and ready for anything," she instructed him whilst he just stood there and followed her with his eye, "Something evil is a foot."

Nodding, Ford watched as Cecilia vanished before him; he still does not understand what was the reason for them to be fully deployed, but from the urgency of her actions, he knew that there was no time to waste. Hastily, he paced out of the room and saw his men jogging out to carry his order; he radioed once more to tell them to arm themselves for whatever battle that was coming.

"There are some who are non-compliant, sir. What are our orders?"

"Most of the east pit has been evacuated, sir."

"West dorm is now proceeding to the pit, sir."

"Affirmative," Ford responded as he brought his wrist to mouth level, "Give some light 'encouragement' to those who don't comply, force is not necessary," he instructed as he made his way to his own quarters, "Our objective is to get them safely to the pit one way or another. Understood?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" his men replied in chorus.

Walking into his room, Ford raised the volume of the radio in his ear as he opened his wardrobe to take out his gear; he took two holsters for his guns as he shrugged it on, over his trench coat, then took a belt of knives for his waist before he finally reached out to take his rifle. He could hear the chatter in the radio as the ground once again began to shake that made him hold onto his wardrobe at the intensity of the tremor; he could faintly hear the squeals of the students in the background that told him that time was truly not on their side.