17 • Starting Over

'So I've heard that she left the country again?', said a sad voice. 'Well, it's obvious why she did that. Ronaldo is in jail, no wonder that she wanted to leave the city for a while', Pedro answered.
He promised himself that he would protect Regina more from now on. However, Neymar was sitting next to him with a devastated feeling. 'Is it true that she left with Bartra?', the Brazilian asked.
Pedro wouldn't lie to his friend and slightly nodded.

•••
While Regina and Marc enjoyed each others company in Dortmund the magazines slowly showed more pictures of them together. When Marc had to be present on his training with BvB even his teammates were curious what was happening lately. 'Bartra, you're all over the news here buddy!', Mario Götze laughed. Marc slightly grinned but he was also anxious since Regina was involved in several incidents, not to mention the last one which ended badly for Cristiano Ronaldo.
He made sure that Regina was protected with lots of bodyguards.

'So I've heard that Ronaldo will be in jail for a quite long time', Aubameyang said while staring at the TV. Pictures of the incident in Barcelona flashed by. Not too long after that a couple pictures of Marc appeared followed by some including Regina. Buddy, you're on TV', Marco Reus pointed. Marc had a terrible feeling that this broadcast would result in difficult consequences.

•••
Meanwhile Regina started to work as Borussia Dortmund's reporter. After all the incidents VenSports had to fire her. Not that she didn't do her job, but the company didn't want to be involved in more scandals, and she was aware of it. Luckily she had Marc and since he was such a good example for his club they happily accepted the new reporter.

•••
'Amor, I'm home!', Marc yelled happily. The two were together for two months now. 'Hey champion!', Regina giggled as she pecked him on the lips. 'How was your training?'
'Went well, except that I found out that the press is still talking about Ronaldo, which is obvious. But those guys found it necessary to tell the world about our private life too'.

Regina's burden immediately returned. She still felt guilty after all the drama she'd caused, especially for her best friend Pedro and of course Marc.
'This is still all my fault', she sighed. 'Don't say that', Marc replied while looking his girlfriend in the eyes full of concern. 'Remember, you're not alone in this'.

•••
•••
'We need to set him free', an unknown voice said. 'Now that his career is over it couldn't get any worse for him, he'll get his revenge and we'll get the money'. A few manly voices could be heard. 'This is the perfect opportunity to cause even more drama"....

--
Uh, oh.. what will happen?!
I'm glad to be back. I deleted the story for a while but I've got my inspiration back!
I can't believe that almost 1k people clicked on this dramatic story :')
xoxo Lina.