13 • Unexpected

It was the day before the big match and the young defender was practicing his skills in his new stadium. Marc actually liked Dortmund a lot. At first he was afraid that he'd miss his home country, but the people in Germany and the team gave him a warm welcome. One if his team mates was Mario Götze and the two of them were getting along pretty well.

Regina decided to visit Marc after his training. She was actually drawn to the young defender because he made her feel at ease, unlike Cristiano and Neymar. She waved enthousiasticly as Marc noticed the journalist and ran towards her.

'Let's grab some lunch!', Marc suggested. Regina agreed and the two walked out of the stadium.

The two were chatting in a small restaurant just outside the city of Dortmund to avoid paparazzi. 'Would you mind to take the interview again tomorrow? I have to admit that I'm very nervous', Marc confessed. 'Of course. Don't be nervous, you're gonna rock it!', Regina answered. She knew the concequences when Neymar or the others would see her, but she started to care less.

As the night fell the two strolled back nearby the stadium. Marc smiled and Regina admired his green eyes and white teeth and she caught herself staring a little too long. Marc grinned again and suddenly grabbed her hands while leaning in to a kiss which she accepted. The kiss ended into a tight embrace. Regina rested her head on Marc's shoulder, she knew that she was safe with him.

•••

'PUTA!', Neymar screamed while he threw his jersey to the ground and started to kick some lockers in the dressing room. 'Yo Ney, you should already stop thinking about her okay? You'll only hurt yourself mentally... and physically', said Rafinha while pointing at Neymar's right foot.
'That's the problem, I just can't, and it's killing me that she doesn't answer. And to make it worse that douchebag Ronaldo didn't give up either', whined the Brazilian.

Pedro was still with the team and he was wondering what Regina was doing. The Lays campaign with Messi on the other hand was a hit. The two guys became good friends and the cameraman received a celebrity status, which made him decide to work for Barcelona permanently. Pedro decided to call the journalist to share the good news.

'So you'll stay in Barcelona?', said Regina on the other line. 'Yes, maybe you can join me too, I miss you over here girl', Pedro wined. 'I'll be in Barcelona for the match against Dortmund.. to support Marc'.

'Oh Reggie, not again. What is it with you and football players?', sighed Pedro. 'I know how you think about it, but he is so different, and I feel happier than ever although I don't know what we have yet', Regina said. 'Just to warn you, Neymar is totally not happy', Pedro informed.
'Like I care', Regina lied. She knew that she owed Neymar a clear explanation, as well as for Cristiano.

•••

Regina took a private flight back to Barcelona as she said goodbye to Marc. Of course, he had to join his teammates. As the journalist arrived to the airport someone was waiting for her who she didn't expect at all.

Cristiano Ronaldo.

---
It's going down for reaaaalz! I was so sad that Marc couldn't play against Real Madrid.. Hopefully next time. Still enjoying the story? Please hit that 'vote' button 😃
Xoxo Lina!