15 • The Pursuit

Regina's vision was still blury after she tried to focus her eyes on the area where she was taken to. She heard two voices far away.

'Where am I?'

'Don't worry, you are safe'.

A tall figure approached the journalist and her eyes widened as she recognized the person.

•••

The second half was about to start and Marc was panicking because he couldn't find Regina. 'She's missing again!', the defender told his coach and team mates. Marc was exchanged for an another player and as quick as he could he jumped into his car.

•••

'Why are you doing this? What's going on in your mind?!', Regina shouted.
'You. You are on my mind. I just couldn't see how those two bastards Neymar and Bartra were trying to get you'.

The man behind her kidnapping was Ronaldo himself.

'First of all; Neymar and I are no more, and second; Marc is my boyfriend. Wait until the police will hear about this. Your career will be over', the journalist shouted back.
•••

Marc drove passed every area that his girlfriend could be. He tried several times to call her but her phone was turned off. He decided to call the police and didn't plan to rest until she was safe in his arms again.

•••
The match ended with 1-1. 'So Bartra just fled like a coward', Neymar joked as he was hanging out with the Barca squad at the bar nearby Camp Nou. 'Bro', Rafinha shook his arm as he pointed to the TV screen. Pedro, who was with the guys immediately grabbed his car keys. 'NOT AGAIN', he shouted.

'Breaking news! VenSports journalist Regina Gonzalez has been missing in Barcelona. The Venezuelian was last seen in Camp Nou until two masked men approached her as she walked outside. If anyone managed to get some clues please call the following number ...... "

'I'm leaving!', Neymar suddenly said and the other boys agreed. Pedro quickly grabbed his arm. 'Let me join you, but you should call Marc too'. The brazilian grabbed his phone. 'I can't believe I'm calling you Bartra', he began, 'but I'm going to help you to find Regina'.

As Marc returned to Camp Nou he shot Neymar an untrustful glare. 'I wanted to apologize', the striker started, 'I know that she's your girlfriend and I should get over it'.
Marc sighed. 'Fine, we've been great friends in the past and I don't know why we should become each others enemy. Let's go, we shouldn't lose time'.

•••

'Mr Ronaldo, we should leave now, the media is getting suspicious and the paparazzi will arrive soon', said one of the masked guys. 'Time to leave then', the portuguese hissed and grabbed the journalist. 'You can't do this!', she screamed as she tried to bite his arm. Cristiano dodged her easily and quickly walked outside to drag Regina into the car.

She suddenly started to scream.

•••

'Did you hear that?', Pedro shouted. I think I heard her scream. Marc and Neymar didn't hestitate and jumped into Marc's car. As the boys arrived in an alley nearby Las Ramblas they heard the scream again and a car driving off. 'I recognize that car', said Neymar suddenly.

'Wait, could it be Ronaldo?'

•••

'Great, we're being followed now', the other masked man said. 'Drive as fast as you can', demanded the Real Madrid player, but he knew he was already trapped. 'They're getting closer!'
As the pursuit continued on Las Ramblas people had to get out of the way before getting hit by both cars. 'LOOK OUT!' Ronaldo screamed but it was too late.

The car crashed into a tree.

'We're done..', he whispered.

---
So what will happen to Cristiano now? Will Regina be reunited with Marc.. and Neymar?
Vote to find out 😁😁😁
❤️❤️❤️