16 • Aftermath

'Mug shot one'.

Cristiano stepped forward as he glared into the camera with puffed eyes.

'Done. Mug shot two'.

The camera flashed again and the ex-Real Madrid star was forced to walk off into his cell.
'So the rumors were true, Ronaldo is a prisoner now?', said one of the prisoners. 'Such a waste of a great talent', some others whispered.

The news of Cristiano Ronaldo going to prison was broadcasted worldwide. Unfortunately, the case was already linked with the past news flash of Regina who was missing, which caused more media attention for the journalist.
She wasn't planning on going back to work sooner or later, but she was accompanied by Pedro and Marc the last few days.

Neymar tried to approach Regina several times without success. He understood her decision and eventually stopped searching for contact.

Regina and Marc were invited to stay over at Pedro's house. Since he was working for Messi, he could buy a nice fine house nearby the city. The three of them were sitting on the couch while watching the live broadcast of Ronaldo's aftermath.

Flashback •••

'Regina Gonzalez! What do you think about this whole situation?', the paparazzi screamed while taking pictures while the police arrived too. The journalist got out of the crashed car of Cristiano. The masked men didn't survive the crash but she saw Cristiano slowly trying to escape looking all scared.

'I'm so sorry Regina', he whispered while blood was dripping around his temples. 'Do you really think I'll accept this after what you've done to me? Not only physically but also mentally'.

With that being said, the police grabbed Ronaldo's hands and handcuffed him immediately.

'Bye amor'.

•••

'What a psychopath', Pedro hissed. Regina slowly walked away. The only thing she wanted was rest and settle the last events in her mind.
The media attention combined with the awkward situations between Cristiano and Neymar were mentally very tiring.
Luckily she had met an amazing person...

'Can I come in?' Marc whispered. 'Yes', Regina said weakly. Marc sat down next to her as he caressed her cheek. 'I'm still so scared', she admitted as her brown eyes searched for his green ones. 'Amor, with last nights events it isn't strange at all that you feel this way. I'm actually amazed why you're so strong'.
'That's because of you', she whispered back.
The defender smiled as he leaned in to kiss his girlfriend.

After a week of staying with her best friend Marc and Regina decided to leave. 'Regina needs a new start', Marc explained. 'I approve, so when is the wedding?', Pedro joked as Marc grinned shyly.
'Kidding! Take care guys, and don't forget about me', the cameraman laughed.

'Time to go back to Dortmund', said Marc.

---

Sorry for the short chapter 😅
I felt like it was better this way :)
What will happen to Cris? And what are the plans for Marc and Regina? Will Neymar make a re-appearance?