I rolled my eyes, "Tristan ... Lawrence."

"Is that Kendrick and Bernie's son?"

"Yes," I gritted my teeth.

"Does he know you work for them?"

"No. All he knows is that I'm a personal assistant."

"Personal assistant? Since when?"

"Ms. Bernie gave me the new position and a raise because of my hard work. I thought I told you last night."

"No, you didn't Shell. Look, I know it seems like I'm hard on you, but I just want to make sure you're alright. I'm not there to protect you from fuck boys and getting your heart broken."

"Daddy, I can handle it."

"Is the boy anything like his father?"

"Nothing like him. He was studying abroad and just moved back. Now he's head of A&R for Epic Records. He's a good guy daddy."

"Shell," he sighed, "just watch the dude. You don't know him that well. Since I'm inside, I can't tell you who not to date; just be careful."

"I got you, daddy. If I end up with him just try to be happy for me please?"

He hung up the phone without an answer. That's the first time he's ever done that. I started to cry about it, but changed my mind and got dressed to go out for the day. I didn't know what I was gonna do yet, but I needed to leave the house.

Is decided to go to galleria and walk around. I didn't have much extra money to spend seeing that my money goes to bills and tuition.

Emani was joining me later on, so I went to stores I wanted to go to first. First stop was Foot Locker.

I put my headphones in and started listening to "Blond" as I window shopped. There were these baby pink and white Nikes that I wanted so bad, but those hoes were $209.99. I had the money, I just wanted to know if it would be worth it to buy them. If my daddy were out I would've had them no questions asked.

I decided to get them. You only live once, eh? I went up to the counter to see if they had my size. There was a cute dude at the front, so I asked, "Do you think you have these in a size 7?"

"Let me go see, Raine. Give me a minute," he smiled.

I smiled back then noticed he knew my name. How did he know my name? I don't think I know him. Was it the Instagram post?

He came back with the shoes and asked did I need anything else. It was still bothering me that he knew my name and I didn't even know his. "Yo, how you know my name?" I asked the salesman.

"We have Calculus and Government classes together. I usually sit in the back with a hat on," he rubbed his head.

I tried to think back to class. I hardly paid attention to anyone when I went to class. I think he was supposed to be my partner for our next Calculus project. "Chance?" I questioned.

"Yeah, that's me," he chuckled.

His smile was very contagious. I couldn't help but to smile back. He rang up the shoes and I slid my VIP card and the total dropped a little. I started to swipe my credit card, but Chance told me to wait a minute. He did something on the computer and I ended up paying nearly half price for my shoes. I didn't question it.

"You have a good day, Raine."

"You too, Chance," I waved walking out of the store.

Chance was too cute. I really didn't wanna turn around to look back and thirst over him. I'm supposed to be semi-committed to Tank ... I guess.