A Demon's First Love

Sebastian's P.O.V.

I told her I loved her, and I told her my feelings before sending her away. That's all I wanted to do. Why was I crying? Demon's don't cry. Perhaps she made me a little human. She gave me the power to know I can love. She gave me the power to know I can feel. But, now I don't know if I want to feel anything. It hurts too much. Watching her run off into the dark, tears pouring down her adorable little face as John takes her away. I shouldn't have let her go, but, it was too dangerous for her to stay with us. 

Though her voice was small, I heard her little message to me that she whispered with my demonic hearing, then quickly wipe the tears from my eyes an take a deep breath, turning to face Claude. "Because of you I had to send away what mattered most to me!" I could feel the sadness burning away to anger, I could feel the tears start to flow again, and he just stares at me.

"A demon crying? How utterly pitiful. That cat girl got to you didn't she?" Claude chuckles darkly, making me angrier as I grab my silver cutlery, throwing it, and he dodges. "Sebastian Michaelis, really? Your aim is normally better than that."

"Shut up!" I growl at him, reminding me of when Mary growled at me when I tugged her tail. She was so apologetic then. So timid and innocent. She still is. I'll miss her so much, and it's hard to admit that. And I-

I feel something sharp pierce my shoulder and I look, seeing a golden knife.

"How are you alive Sebastian Michaelis? Hannah stabbed you with a demon sword. And you shouldn't let your mind wander in a fight." Hearing this I smirk and look at him, my eyes glowing. 

"I simply made a deal with your maid. She was very cooperative in helping my sweet kitten." I look over to Hannah and smile, and she bows, smiling softly.

"It was nothing sir. She didn't deserve all of that." She murmurs before running inside, Alois clenching his fists angrily.

"Claude. Go find Mary." He growls and my eyes widen. I hadn't expected him to send him right away.

"Sebastian!" I look towards the source of my name, my master looking at me. "Make sure he doesn't leave yet!"

"Yes, your highness."

"Yes, my lord."

I look at Claude and run over, going to grab his arm but he takes off into the night, and I hurriedly use the demon sword Hannah left out, running after him and jump, landing in front of him. "I'm afraid I can't let you go."

"Get out of my way." Claude growls and I aim the sword at his throat. He suddenly takes off ina another direction, grabbing Alois. I gasp softly and chase them. 

"Sebastian!" My master says, and I know that was a warning.

I move as one of the triplets come down over me, and I glare at them. The other two show up and I quickly run, jumping up and land on the tip of a tree. They all form their weapons into a spear, throwing it at me. I barely have time to reat, but I catch is and quickly throw it back, skwering them all through the head and against a tree, but, there was one problem.

Claude and Alois got away. 

~One Month Later~

"Good morning my lord." I pull back the drapes of the window and look at my master, who was refusing to get up as usual. "For breakfast we have fried eggs with a few simple scones on the side, accompanied by a raspberry tart for a bit of sweetness." I look down for a moment while he isn't looking.

I still haven't gotten over my kitten, but, the master an't see me in a weakened state. So I have to hide my feelings around him. We still can't find Claude and Alois, and I am still hoping that Mary is safe.

"That sounds fine." The tired voice mumbles under the blankets. "And for tea..?"

"It is my own blend. It is Earl Grey, but, has a sweetness added with the herbs Cardamom and Peppermint. I hope it is to your liking." I look at him as I get his clothes out or the day.

He was sitting up and eyeing me. "Sebastian, there has been a lot of sweets the past month." He rubs his eyes, and I look to the contract symbol. 

"Has there?" I tilt my head and smile, now just realizing that. How could I have let that slip by me?

"Yes. Dare I ask why?"

"Well, I suppose I have to admit. I cannot lie to you after all. I am still not over Mary leaving. I wish it was that easy to forget, but, I can't. I'm terribly sorry my lord. I have failed as a Phantomhive butler."

"No, you haven't." Those few words shock and me and I look to him. "I understand what it's like to lose someone. I understand the sadness an grief Sebastian. You will need time to mourn, even if she isn't dead, it's like she is. Sebastian, there is no shame in this."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but that reminds me. "Master, you've also recieved a letter." I hod the try out to him and he takes it, opening it then starts reading before stopping. "Is something wrong?"

"Sebastian, this is for you, not me." He looks at me with a serious expression as I take the letter an slowly begin reading.

Well Michaelis, you fought well. And I have to say you did rather well at hiding the cat. But my master's orders are clear. Find Mary. And that is what I will do. Along with the man like her too. I hope you know I will find them. And when I do, I will kill them. Good luck in stopping me without revealing where they are. After all, I have eight legged friends everywhere.

Sincerely, Claude Faustus. 

"Sebastian?" My master says, though I don't acknowledge him at the moment. Claude and Alois won't give up. I have to get to her first.

"Forgive me my lord, but, I'm afraid I have some important business to attend to very shortly after breakfast.

I couldn't believe what I just read. Mary was in trouble, and I have to find some way to help her. Don't worry Mary, John. I am coming, and I will find you before him!