Goodbye

Mary's P.O.V. 

My eyes then dart between Alois and Claude, knowing that since Sebastian's...lost, they get to keep me. Sebastian had told me it would ll be okay. He said he'd be alright. The liar. 

S-Sebastian...no....please.

Claude walks over to me as I stand by Sebastian's face, and reaches down to grab me. I feel angry, but I can't do anything at all. Suddenly, I am scooped up quickly and brought away from Claude and look up to the face of none other than Ciel Phantomhive.

"It is my duty as the Queen's Guard Dog to keep you safe Mary." He smirked lightly and sneezed, growling. "Even i I am allergic."

"Thank you." I whisper and look at Sebastian's corpse and tear up again. "How was that possible? It happened so fast."

"I don't know." He takes off running, sneezing again, dodging trees. "But trust me."

"Claude! Get them!" I hear Alois call, and before I know it, Ciel is grabbed and I turn a bit, Claude, holding Ciel by the collar of his pirate costume, causing him to cough and choke a bit, dropping me.

"L-Lord Phantomhive!" I look up at him and he looks at me. 

"Run."

With that one word, I take off, the frills on the dress getting snagged and growl, ripping the bottom of the skirt and hold the rest up as I run, jumping and then hide in a bush, panting softly and force my breathing to slow, frowning. Why do I have to be this size? Why can't I help? 

A branch snaps and I hold my breath, trembling violently as a black cat walks over and I stare at it, blinking a few times. It was beautiful, with it's sleek black fur and...red eyes? They look so much like Sebastian's, it makes me tear up and bury my face in my hands.

I feel something cold against my arm and look to see the cat nudging me gently. "O-Oh, I-I'm okay kitty." I whisper, petting it's head and it seems to enjoy it, sitting down. It was taller than me sitting and I stand up, still a little shorter and sigh softly.

It then put it's head around me as if to hug me and I felt safe for some reason before pausing and look at it, looking into those eyes, filled with pity, sadness, and worry. I know that look from anywhere. "Sebastian?" I whisper, and the cat nods.

"H-How..?" I gently stroke it's soft fur and smile softly, hugging his neck and he purrs softly, just leaving his head around me in a comforting way. "Sebastian, I was so scared I lost you. I can't lose you. I just can't." I whisper and hold onto his fur as I hear footsteps approach and I whimper, Sebastian moving me back a little and lays on the ground.

The bush gets pulled out, Claude there. "Damn, it's just a black cat." He growls and storms off, Sebastian going  back to me and lightly nuzzles me. 

"Sebastian, if he finds out it's you, he'll be after you again.." I whisper and Sebastian nods, pushing me towards a bush. It was a rather large bush and I frown and turn, seeinghim as a human again.

"I know this Mary." He whispers softly, picking me up by the waist gently. "I love you, I have to tell you now. John and you belong together, and we should just stick to friends."

I tear up at his words, but I smile. "Sebastian, if I were full cat, I'd have been honored to be your pet." I bow my head and then look at him. "That sounded weird." I giggle quietly, his eyes sparkling. 

"M-Mary, I-" He looks down, and I see something drop off his face. 

"Sebastian, are you crying?" I frown and look to him, trying to see. His face turns back to me, a ew tears going down his face. The usual tough demeanor gone. "No, Sebastian please."

"Mary, I-I'll miss you." He holds me close to him. "I'm sending you and John off together. And then you both will be safe from Claude and Alois. I love you Mary, and I have never said those words to anyone. Please, stay safe. And you know the way to the manor, and good luck." He sets me down, someone grabbing my hand and I look over, seeing John there. "Take care of her John."

John nods. "Of course I will Sebastian, thank you." He looks up at him and drags me off quickly. 

I didn't even have time to say goodbye. I was just drug off, and look back to Sebastian and wave as tears pour down my face. My first true friend. My first love, the first to ever say 'I love you' to me. "I'll miss you too Sebastian. I will still love you as a friend, no matter what." I felt attached to this demon, I felt like I became a pet, and he my master. "I love you..." I whisper, running off into the night with John, looking ahead as we run and run, far away from Claude and Alois. 

Far, far away, from the mansion. Far from everything, and everyone...

Even Sebastian....