Accommodations

Sebastian was holding me in front of a mirror as I fixed the black and white dress he found for me. "I hope it is to your liking. I thought it would suit you." He says, smiling at me. "And once you are suitably dressed, we can head into town to find some things for you."

"Sebastian, we don't have to." I look up at him. "I don't need a lot. Just maybe a few clothes."

He chuckles lightly and sets me on the nightstand, then looks around the top of it. "I could possibly fit the bed, tub, vanity and wardrobe all on my nightstand here." 

I shake my head and sigh. "You aren't listening to me. And I don't need a bed, I like sleeping on your pillow. It's soft and comfortable. And what would I need a vanity for? And we can just use the bowl I had used for a bath."

"Miss Mary, if you're living in the Phantomhive Manor, you will be treated like a guest. Especially now that my young master is alright with it." Another light chuckle. "And a guest is always treated with the best hospitality we can muster. Which means, much to my dismay, you will have to meet the other servants so they can help you in case I am busy. Although, I don't know what help those three would be."

I remember him telling me something when I first got here, then start to question why I haven't seen them at all in the almost two weeks I've been here. "Oh, the other servants. You had told me that you didn't want to overwhelm me. But it has been almost two weeks. I'd like to meet them." I fix my dress again and then look up at him. 

"Would you really? Finnian, or Finny, is quite strong and can't really control his own strength. Meyrin is clumsier than anyone I have ever known, which is a lot considering I have known a lot of people. And Bardroy, or Bard, is...well...I guess there isn't anything wrong with him besides he thinks cooking with a flame thrower and explosives is a good idea. And yet, you want to meet them?"

"Sebastian, it would seem you don't give them enough credit. If Meyrin is clumsy, perhaps don't have her get breakable things. If Finny is strong, have him take care of things that require great strength. If Bard likes explosives, well, I don't know. Give me time to think on that one. What I am trying to say is they have to have their own special qualities. Everyone does. Everyone has something that makes them special...except me." My mood suddenly dropped, and now I feel sad.

"Stop talking like that little miss. It makes your ears droop." Sebastian picks me back up, holding me close to him to comfort me. "Although either way, it's adorable. But it means you're upset, and I don't like that. Tell me something. Who managed to convince the master that you were special?"

I don't know what he was getting at, but I don't think I get it too well. "You?"

"No! You did. You stood up to him, which while being foolish, was quite brave considering you were terrified of me when we first met. You were barely around the master while you were here, but you were able to say those things. Although they also referred to me. A tamed dog on a leash, obeying everything."

Suddenly realizing this, I frown. "I didn't mean you. I'm sorry Sebastian. I really am. I was just trying to make a point." I hope I didn't hurt his feelings, but he is a demon, so I doubt I would have either way.

"It's quite alright. Either way, I am proud of you. Now, let's go shall we?" He carries me out of the room. "You shall meet the other servants when we return from London. Tell me, though. Dark or light colors?"

I pause for a moment. It's a tough question, but I know my answer. "Dark colors. They helped me hide better when I was on the streets, then grew quite fond of them. Mainly black, deep blue, purple, and violet. Then white can make a good color for additional accessories on a dress. Like the one I am wearing now."

"I see. I'll keep that in mind, and I was waiting to tell you this, but, my master is planning on holding a ball. Well, the Lady talked him into it but there will be one. Would you care to attend, or would you like to stay in here?" He goes outside and walks down a path surrounded by trees. It must be the way to London.

But the sudden question startled me. A ball? Me? In a place filled with a bunch of other people? I don't know. Maybe I should ask and see what he thinks I should do. But he'll probably say something about it being my choice. "I don't know Sebastian. But, what do you think I should do?" I look up at his face.

"I am just a butler. How am I to know what you want to do and what you don't want to do?" I knew it. I knew he'd answer like that.

"Sebastian, you are also my friend. I don't know what I should do. I want to go but-"

"Then go. I'll be there. I wouldn't let you get hurt."

"But I am still worried someone is tampering with my dreams. It could be a possibility Sebastian. I know you keep saying it's impossible, but, what if it's not?" 

"Little miss, perhaps we should discuss this later. We are in London already."

Looking around, I see that buildings are now coming into view. I sigh and nod, my ears perked up now and he sets me on his shoulder. "We will head to the doll store first then, considering that is where we will find most of your stuff," Sebastian speaks, then walks to a store. 

Looking around, I can see so many people already looking at me, and I look down. Sebastian will protect me. I know he will. I trust him now with my life. 

"Ignore them all little miss." He carefully turned his head to look at me. After I nod, we go inside the store and he looks around. "Hmm. Let's walk around a bit to see what there is."

I nod and stay quiet, mainly pointing to things and he grabs them.

After about ten minutes, we had picked out a black, violet and white, purple, deep blue and white, and crimson dress with a pair black and a pair of white flats, along with a white tub, a vanity with mirror, a doll brush and towel, as well as a bed and wardrobe for the clothes we got me.

"Sebastian, I have to thank you. And I don't think I can thank you enough." I hug his neck from his shoulder, smiling until I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Across the store, at first, all I saw was the blond boy.

Then, I felt my heart stop. With this blond boy, stood a man about Sebastian's height, dressed in a butler uniform with glasses and golden eyes. He was looking right at me.

______________________________________________________________________

MWAHAHAHA! I'm leaving this right here for you all. And, just to be mean, I might not update for a while just to keep you on a cliffhanger!