Play Along

Mary's P.O.V

I watched Sebastian leave the room to get me something to eat, and I sit there on the pillow thinking what he could have possibly been doing with the creepily sweet tone of his. Although I have to admit, it was kinda nice. His deep voice mixed with that bit of emotion. No! Stop it! He is a demon, and that's how they get what they want. There is a reason he was doing that, and I know it wasn't his idea. Maybe I should play along? Perhaps play the innocent little kitten he wants me to be? Maybe I should make him think I believe his sweet words. And then maybe I-

"I brought you some milk, and a bit of strawberry and fish again." My thoughts are interrupted by that deep voice, and I turn to look up at the tall butler. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting." 

"Oh, it's quite alright Sebastian." I smile sweetly up to him, which he seems to enjoy. "And thank you for bringing me something to eat. I don't think it would be good if I were to starve." I giggle softly, and he seems to be even happier.

"I am glad you are in a good mood." He smiles and I notice that the cup and plate, along with utensils were doll items. "I see you noticed. They are doll utensils, yes. I thought they would fit you well." Setting the plate and cup on the nightstand, he then pets my ears gently. Once again, I purr and rub my head against his gloved hand. 

"As much as I would love you to continue, I need to eat." Pulling away from his hand, I look at him and he looks a bit sad. But he is a demon, so he can't feel love or sadness. Just the thought of that, that he can't feel it, makes me upset, but why? 

I walk over, jumping from the bed to the nightstand, catching myself on the edge and pulling myself off despite the bit of pain from...earlier incidents. 

"Are you alright?" Sebastian reaches out to help me up as I pull myself up. 

"I'm fine." I stand on the nightstand and move my hair out of my face. Walking over to the plate and cup, I sit on my knees, slowly eating the fish. I can feel those crimson orbs on me, somehow forcing me to look over at him, but I look away instantly. Those eyes, they're just so hypnotizing. I have to keep my thoughts straight, and not fall for whatever he is doing. He is just a demon, who will do anything to get what he wants.

"Little miss, did I do something wrong? You seem to be avoiding me, which would be hard for you considering I can just catch you." This makes me pause and look at him, making sure an upset look was plastered on my face. "Oh dear. I am just teasing you." 

"Don't say such things." Sighing, I then continue to eat. Once I eat a little bit, I take a drink of the sweet milk and smile a bit. "It's not right to keep someone against their will." 

"I know little miss." He chuckles and I look up at him. "You know I am a demon. Doing things that aren't right is what I do." He had a smirk across his face, but behind the bit of fear, something else stirred in me as his raven hair falls over his face, the crimson eyes looking down on me. 

This...feeling. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. What is this? I don't understand it. Why am I feeling this way? I have never felt this way before, and I don't know what it is. Perhaps I am a bit sick yet. Yes, that's what it is. 

"Sebastian, I don't think I am feeling too well." Frowning, I look down. I set the cup down, and as soon as I do, two hands scoop me up off the bed, bringing me close to the demon's chest. The hands were warm, and because of the gloves, quite soft too. I can't help but smile and lean against him, purring quietly.

"You look like you feel fine." He murmurs and I can feel him start to pet my ears. "But if you say you don't feel well, maybe you should rest a little miss. After all, a sweet little kitten like you should keep her strength up so you can move around this big world." 

Play along, just, play along. "Oh, you are too kind to me Sebastian. Even for a demon. Thank you." I purr and snuggle against him, flattening my ears in a sign of contentment. I am acting. That's all this is. But, why does it feel like more? I end up sighing, then the petting stops and a gloved finger tilts my head up so I am looking at the demons handsome features once more.

"Are you alright?" He frowns. "You seemed a bit upset there for a moment. We don't need that do we?" I look up at him, my heart starts to beat faster, and I frown, ignoring it...for now.

"I said I just don't feel well is all, but, it's nice when you pet me. Kind of. At least it isn't kicking, or hitting me." I smile to show him I'm okay and he nods.

"Alright." I am then set on his pillow and he lays down, his face near me, and I can feel my cheeks grow hot and I frown. Don't fall for his tricks! 

"Sebastian, I have a simple question." I tilt my head. "Do demons...feel love or sadness?" Before I could stop myself, the question was out, and there was no going back. "I-I'm sorry, that's quite a sudden question." 

The bed moves as he turns to lay on his side, taking a finger and running it through my short hair. "Well, we can if we want to. Love is not a normal thing for demons, though. And sadness we normally feel when there is a soul we don't get." Sighing, he pets my ears.

"Oh, okay." I go quiet and lay down, letting him pet me and I purr quietly, a fluttering going through me, but what is it? I still don't understand. I want to know, though. Then, just as I start to drift off, it clicks with me. 

The blushing, my heart hammering, the fluttering in my chest, it is a feeling I have never felt, and probably shouldn't be feeling now. A feeling that leads to so many problems. This feeling is...

Love.

___________________________________________________________________

Sorry it took so long to update! I have been very busy! But there will be another chapter soon, and what do you all think of me writing a different Black Butler Fanfic? Message me for suggestions on a different one, and I will mention the suggestion I pick in the first chapter of that story! Thanks for reading!