Unknown

I woke up in a room, it was unfamiliar, but my head was fuzzy. A man in a tailcoat walks in and smiles down at me, his yellow eyes gleaming. "You finally woke up Mary. I was worried. You hit your head very hard. You had the master worried too."

"M-Master? I don't remember you, or him, or anything to be exact." I sit up and go to rub my temples, but my wrists had metal cuffs on them, attached to a chain which he grabs.

"Oh dear, I am terribly sorry. I'm Claude, and the master will be looking forward to seeing you awake." He moves me to the floor, dragging me along behind him with the chain, the metal cutting into my wrists. 

I wince, frowning. I probably hit my head being treated this coldly. "C-Claude...?" I look up to him, moving quickly to try and keep up. "A-Are the chains necessary?"

"The Master's orders." He says, though it was cold, cruel. "There is to be a costume ball tonight. The master has one specially picked out for you." He looks at me, a faint smirk on his face. 

My ears flatten to my head and my tail curls around me. None of this seems familiar. None of this seemed right. Like I wasn't supposed to be here. I can't do this. "No!" I try to pull on the chains, my wrists only bleeding more.

"Mary, don't hurt yourself." He stops and looks at me. "Remember what happened last time you made me or the master angry?" His eyes start glowing and I freeze.

"I don't remember anything, but this isn't right!" Suddenly, there was a picture in my head. A man with crimson eyes and raven hair, but I didn't know him. And just like it was there, it was gone again. Was that a good or bad memory?

"W-Where are you taking me?" I mutter, him dragging me into a dining hall where a blond haired, blue eyed boy sat. I didn't recognize him at all. What is his name?

"Claude! She is awake!" He claps and smiles at me, though it was a bit wicked. "Good, I planned on having her ready for the ball tonight!" He stands up, walking over and unhooks the cuffs from the chain, but my hands were still bound in them. He picks me up and places me on the table. "Now sing."

I pause at the sudden request, unsure what to sing. Suddenly, his hand flies and strikes me. I yelp, stumbling back. "I said sing! You're taking too long! Are you refusing your masters orders?!"

"N-No master.." I manage to choke out. "Wh-What should I sing?"

"A soft melody. Make it creepy, yet beautiful. Like that one about crybaby or whatever."

I seem to remember something, so I start singing. 

"You seem to replace, your brain with your heart. You take things so hard and then you fall apart. You try to explain but before you can start, those crybaby tears, come out of the dark. Someone's turning the handle, to the faucet in your eyes. They're pouring out where everyone, can see. Your hearts too big for your body, it's where your feelings hide. They're pouring out where everyone, can see. They call you crybaby, crybaby, but you don't really care, crybaby, crybaby, so you laugh through your tears. Crybaby, crybaby, but you don't really care. Tears fall to the ground, you just let them drown."

My...master...claps and smiles. "Perfect! You are to sing at the ball! And Claude, did you make sure to invite Ciel Phantomhive?"

That name. It was familiar, but I didn't remember. What's happened to me? So many faces, but no names. So many unanswered questions. I can't take it and a few tears roll down my face, then the boy I am to call master looks at me and claps again. He takes joy in my pain.

"She looks so unsightly and hurt. Like an abused animal. Claude, take her back to your room and get her cleaned up and in costume. I want to see how it looks." He waves his hand dismissively, and Claude bows.

"Of course, your highness."

I feel myself lifted up by gloved hands. It was familiar too, but it was probably just Claude. I then take a deep breath, knowing this could end badly. "Why am I treated so coldly?" I look at my master and frown. "Why do I almost remember things, but can't?"

"Claude." That was all he said, and I didn't understand until I was thrown onto the ground, the cuffs forcing me not to move. It hurt so bad, and I didn't know what to do so I just cried out in pain, then look at the boy just in time to see him kick me, which sends me rolling across the floor the cuffs clinking each time they hit the floor. I could smell blood, and I look to see my wrists bleeding badly. 

"Highness, you may have taken it to far."  Claude picks me up again, but I can't move. I don't understand why I can't. I close my eyes, then hear my voice, and a different one though.

"I never liked the thunder, it always spooked me."

"Mary, it's alright.." 

That voice was soft and comforting, but, I didn't know who's voice that was. Then there was another.

"Mary, if you love him, hear him out." 

Are these memories that I can't place?  I don't understand as I get tired from blood loss I'm sure then look up to Claude and tear up again. Was this really my life? Just before I closed my eyes, I heard that voice from earlier.

"Stay strong Mary. I'm coming. These people will pay. Look and listen for me at the ball."

Then the name comes to me, but I lose it just as soon as I got it. All I know it, tonight at the ball, listen for that voice.