Seductive

I sit up, forgetting about sleep. He couldn't have. How did the demon already ensnare me in this web of lies? How can I have fallen for a demon? "How is this possible?" I say aloud, and Sebastian looks at me. 

"How is what possible little miss?" His voice says softly, seeming to know. "Are you alright?"

I nod. I can't let him know he's already got me. "I was just thinking Sebastian." Smiling up at him, I can feel my heart beat a little faster, and I hope he can't hear it. "About my life before this." I lie.

"Oh, alright." A faint smile turns into a wide one. "Your heart is pounding. I can hear it." The next thing I know, I can feel him lightly petting my ears. "Is it fear?" I feel him shift, then his voice is soft right in my ear. "Or something else perhaps?"

Closing my eyes, I can't help but smile. His voice was sweet and had a hint of seduction in it. The demon. But it only made my heart beat faster. "It's...something else," I admit. 

"Oh really? Like what?" He whispers once more in my ear, my ears twitch and I shake my head, much like an actual cat does when you blow on its ear.

"You're not going to find out. Especially when you do this to me." I push his face away and back up. "Seducing me." I glare at him. "Tempting me. Taking advantage. That's what demons do. They do this to get what they want. I don't know what you want from me, but you aren't going to get anything before I know what it is." Crossing my arms, I make my ears flat to my head and look up at him. He seems, hurt? 

"Miss Mary, I-I apologize greatly. You're right, though, I was. I didn't think you would catch it at all. You are much smarter than what people think of you." This demon frowns and bows his head apologetically, his raven hair falling over his face.

"I'm sure you are sorry. Maybe I should just leave. It would make everything less difficult for you." Lowering my head, a gloved finger tilts my head back up. 

"Don't go. Nothing is difficult for me. You're not a burden and don't think you are. I'm sorry that I upset you, but I honestly don't want you to go." The look in his eyes said it all. He wasn't lying. This wasn't the demon talking. This was the humanity still left in him. He was being honest.

"Okay, Sebastian." I look at him and smile softly. "I won't go, but don't do that again. All I want is a place I am accepted. And here...it seems like I am." His finger still holds my head up, and then I am scooped up in his cupped hands and set on his lap. "You still need to rest."

"Oh, okay." I lay down on his lap, curling into a ball, my tail curling around me. I start to fall asleep again, smiling and purring, thinking about this feeling which needs to go away quickly.

__________________________________________________________

Okay! Sorry this chapter was short! I didn't want to keep you waiting for too long!