An Order

~Sebastian's P.O.V.~

I watched as the kitten slowly fall asleep in my arms. Well, she had a bit of help. It's not that hard being a demon to put things to sleep. I have had to use it on the master a few times anyway. She looks so peaceful. I wish she could stay. There has to be someway I can convince the master she can stay. There is no way I can send her back out onto the streets with all those horrid mortals. And she never told me why she was crying. So many questions, but so few answers. I better go take care of the young master anyway.

As I get up, I gently lay her on the pillow in a way if she wakes up she won't get hurt. I was a fool. My anger and worry got the best of me, though I would never admit to anyone besides her to me worrying. I have a reputation to uphold as a demon and a butler after all.

Getting to the study, I sigh and knock, hearing the voice from inside. "Enter." As I step inside, I notice that his aura is not very good, even for him. It's not hard to tell, although easier for me being that his soul is my property at the moment. 

Looking at him, I bow. "Master, is there something troubling you?" He turns, throwing a dart that I catch, right in front of my eye. "Oh dear, is your aim a bit off, or was that what you were aiming for?" I walk over and lay it back in the box with the other darts. 

"I was aiming there demon." The young lord mumbled and then looks at me. "I am still angry at you for bringing that thing here." The way he said it d me freeze and I look at him. I know my eyes are filled with anger, but I keep my voice calm.

"With all due respect, sir, 'that thing' has gone through a lot of trouble. I can tell she has. You know I can tell when a soul is troubled, and I have to say, hers is much more than yours. I am still learning what happened, though. If only she could stay here." I hint, then look around the room. "I don't remember cleaning up in here."

"I had Meyrin do it. I figured you were too 'busy' helping the thing." He did it again. I may snap at one point if that continues. 

"Master," I say a bit more stern. "She is not a 'thing' she is a being. She has feelings, trust me on that part." Looking at him, he seemed amused at the fact I was defending her.

"Sebastian. I am surprised at you. I know she is a cat, but, where is this sudden defiance coming from? You normally don't question my orders, nor question my words." There was a smirk plastered on his face. "Do you love her or something?"

Answering quickly, I say what I always say to that question. "Demons are incapable of love. There is no way I could love someone, even if they loved me back. Take Grell for example. I could never love...whatever it is." I shudder at the thought of that reaper. Just the thought of his words and actions is enough to make anyone sick.

"Yes, but you are not like him, which makes sense. But, is it true? Are demons really incapable of love?" 

"Yes. They can have a lust, though, which only lasts long enough to get a girl's hopes up, then their hearts shatter, which makes them not want to live anymore and we get the souls." I end up chuckling darkly. I am glad Mary wasn't in here to hear that.

"Hmm. That gives me an idea." I look at the master, who was smirking again. "We don't know much of where she has come from, nor much of what she is. Perhaps...do what you were speaking of. Lead her on. Make her think you have fallen for her, make her fall for you. Get the information we need, then she can go, and you can take her soul or whatever you want."

This made me tense up, but I don't know why. "Is that an order my lord?" I look at him and he nods. Kneeling before him, I lay a hand over my 'heart.' "It will be done then."

Lead on that sweet kitten? He doesn't know what he is asking me to do. This kitten has been hurt so many times before, I can sense it. I don't want to break her heart any more than it already is. But it was an order, which means I can't back down now. I have to do it, no matter what. It shouldn't be hard to make her fall for me. Being a demon, I get what I want. Unless of course, it is the masters' orders.  I suppose I should go see if Mary is awake.

Walking through the halls, I think a little bit. She would be easy to trick. She would be easy to ensnare in this lie I am to do. She would also be easily brokenhearted. Damn it, I don't want to do this! It was a direct order, the brat! I finally reach the door and open it, slamming it shut as I walk in, the little miss waking up with a soft yelp and looks at me, terrified.

"S-Sebastian." She says, seeming relieved. "You scared me." Sitting up, she walks over to the edge of the bed closest to me. I have to start then. It should be easy to go this, but why am I so upset about hurting her? I am a demon after all. I have done it many times before. 

"Oh, do forgive me." Smiling, I say this in a sweet tone, and the kitten looks at me. "I truly didn't mean to."

Mary looks at me, seeming confused. "I know you like cats, but that is just downright creepy Sebastian. Especially with the fact you are a demon." 

Creepy? Oh, my. She is much more stubborn than I thought. Then again, she is a cat, er, half cat. "I'm sorry." My tone returns to normal. I should probably hold off on the sweet tones and words. "Did you sleep well at least little miss?"

Nodding, she smiles up at me. She is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Out of all cats, I have seen. "I did. Thank you for staying with me, and bandaging me up, and everything." My sensitive hearing then detects a faint growl and a frown forms on her face. "I hate to be a bother, but can I have something to eat?"

I couldn't believe how rude I was being. The poor thing hasn't eaten for quite a while. "Of course, I'll be back in a few minutes." After she eats, I will focus a bit more on the order. In the meantime, maybe some salmon? Milk?

______________________________________________________________________________

Almost 100 views! No one has any idea how happy this makes me! Especially with my first story! So, thank you all for the votes as well!