Demon

There, maybe a foot away was the butler. He looked at me after taking down the mutt, anger in his eyes. That is when I knew I was in trouble.

"You fool! What were you thinking?!" Sebastian frowns, walking over and grabbing me by the waist tightly, sending pain all through my body. "You could have been killed! That is the stupidest thing anyone your size could have done!" 

"I-I just wanted to go outside Sebastian. I-I didn't mean to make you angry!" The pain coursing through my body was unbearable. "Y-You are hurting me!" I cry, but he seemed to be ignoring me as he stormed back inside, his hand seeming to tighten around my now frail body. "Sebastian!" 

He goes back to his room, throwing me onto the bed, causing me to yelp and hold my sides. My vision is blurry from tears and all I see is his silhouette slam the door closed along with the window and storm over. His crimson eyes are much more intimidating when you can't see clearly. I can hear him muttering several things under his breath, one of them sounding like 'idiot.' 

"S-Sebas-" I didn't even get his name out when his gloved hand grabbed me harshly once more. "S-Sebastian! It hurts!" I cry again, and this time it seemed to reach him because he set me down, backing away.

"O-Oh...Mary, I-I am so, so sorry." He walks back over and sits on the bed. I cringe away, clutching my sides. If I wasn't in so much pain, I would run away. "No, Mary, do not be afraid." The butler picks me back up, holding me to his chest much like you would cradle a baby. 

I start to struggle but don't even get close to breaking free because of the pain and fall limp in his arms, afraid and hurt, both physically and emotionally. "S-Sebastian, I-I'm sorry." I didn't know they had a dog. I didn't know going outside would cause so much trouble. I didn't know. I just didn't, but how am I supposed to tell him that?

"No, don't be sorry. It is I who has to apologize. Mary, did I break anything? Where are you hurt?" All I do is shrug and he sighs. "Mary, do not lie to me right now. Did I break anything?" 

Moving a bit, I can tell nothing is broken, but I am still very sore. "No nothing is broken," I mutter, trembling a bit from fear yet.  "You never told me you had a dog. If I knew, I wouldn't have gone out."

Seeming to have a sudden realization, Sebastian nods. "That's right, I didn't. Oh dear, it must have slipped my mind completely with your side, and the fact you are a cat." I could hear his light chuckle. 

"Why are you laughing?" I look up at him, my eyes narrowed. I had to think of something to call him, but most of the insults I knew were not very nice, so instead, I settle with one that you can use for evil people. "You demon."

At the word demon, he froze, then smirked. "Yes, I am a demon. And I don't like to brag, but a very powerful one at that. Most of the time I do not let anyone who knows live, but, it is not in my nature to kill a kitten such as yourself. And there we have it, a little nickname for a little kitten." Another chuckle.

Something in me wanted to say he was joking, but there was something else telling me that he wasn't. I wanted to think he was just joking, though, so I play it off as that. "Yeah, very funny. A real demon." I force a laugh. "You really expect me to...believe...." As I looked at him, his eyes changed from the crimson to a fuchsia, and the pupils became snake-like slits. "You really are a demon?"

After nodding, he smirks and looks at me. "I do hope you do not think less of me. After all, I have meant every word I said about you. And I truly wanted to tell you, but I thought you would run. And seeing how you can't at the moment, I told you."

There is no possible way that he can be. He has been too kind. Did he really mean every word, though? Or was I being played for a fool? "Now, how can you expect me to believe that you meant every word when you never told me you were a demon?"

"I just did. Now, let's get you bandaged hmm?" He looks down at me, his returning to is crimson color. I may be scared, but, I do want to make sure if I am bruised it gets taken care of.

"Fine," I mutter and I can tell he starts moving around the room, opening a drawer and I can fabric rustling which I assume is the tailcoat or the bandages. 

It went very quickly and he had himself blindfolded, but it was amazing how gentle he was as he wrapped them around me, and how accurate it was even if he was blindfolded. Since he was being gentle, my fear was slowly dissipating and I relaxed completely. 

Once I was dressed again, Sebastian took the blindfold off and smiles at me. "There we go." He picks me up gently off the bed, setting me on his lap and was petting my head. I couldn't help it and started purring, rubbing my head with his hand and a small smile was gracing my lips. "And there you are." He coos, and I could hear him smiling.

"Sebastian?" I pull away from his hand and look up at him. "Even if you are a demon, you seem like the nicest demon I could meet."

"Well, normally, 'nice' and 'demon' aren't used in the same sentence, but thank you, Mary." Smiling at me, he somewhat hugs me, wrapping his arms around my and holding me close to him. There was a strange smell. Cologne maybe, but it smells nice. 

"It's truly no problem Sebastian. You have been kind to me, and there was only that little bit that terrified me, but if you don't do it again I will be fine." Purring, I snuggle up to him which seems to make him tense but he stays still anyway.

"I promise you now. It will never happen again, and as long as I am around, you will be safe." His voice was gentle and calming, and he was just so warm. I realized I was starting to fall asleep, but I didn't want to. "Mary...just sleep for now..." He said softly, and I found my eyes slowly closing. "Sleep..." And with that, the world around me faded to black as I was held by the demon butler of the Phantomhives.