Fear

I could feel my whole body freeze as our eyes met. That man. That's the one from my dream. And that boy...that must be his master. I have to tell Sebastian. We have to get out of here. "S-Sebastian?" I whisper in his ear and tug his hair gently. 

"What is it Little Miss?" He turns his head a bit to look at me, then sees the probably obvious fear on my face. "Miss Mary, what on earth is the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckles lightly. 

"S-Sebastian, o-over there...th-that's the man...from my dream..." I was trembling now, and looked back to where they were, but they were gone. Sebastian looks and frowns. 

"I do believe you are seeing this miss. You probably just dozed off, or were remembering...wait. I thought you couldn't remember anything from your dreams." He leaves the store with the stuff we bought, his tone sounding suspicious. 

"S-Sebastian....I-I wouldn't forget what the man looks like. I-I only forget wh-what he was telling me about..." I felt a bit hurt that he didn't believe me, but, he hasn't seen this man before. I was still trembling, which he notices and sighs.

"Alright. Let's just get back to the manor and-" He stops, being yanked back into an alley. I end up falling, but grab where his tie tucks under his tailcoat and close my eyes tightly. "Mary!" I can hear something be dropped, and a gloved hand wraps around my waist. 

Opening my eyes, I look up at Sebastian's face and he was frowning, then I look, seeing an Indian man. "Sebastian, forgive my sudden approach." His voice was deep, and he had white hair under a tan turban with very light blue eyes. "Oh, who is your little friend?" The strangers eyes turn to me, and I look away, holding onto Sebastian's glove.

"Agni. This is Mary Ann. Mary Ann, this is Agni. Now, do tell why you pulled me like that and almost got her hurt?" Sebastian sighs, setting me back on his shoulder and picks up what he dropped, which I now see is the box of my new stuff.

"Namaste Mary." He bows his head, a different man walking over. He had purple hair and golden eyes.

"Agni, I wondered where you went off to." This man then stops and looks at me. "Oh my. She's so small but so lovely." He then looks at Sebastian and yelps, hiding behind Agni. "Oh, h-hello Sebastian."

I blush and look down as he says that, then when he hides I giggle lightly, then look at Sebastian who seems amused as well. "Hello Prince Soma." Sebastian looks at me. "Mary, this is Agni's master, Prince Soma."

I bow my head politely. "Hello your Highness." I smile at him, and he smiles.

"She is still lovely. Your name fits you well." He smiles at me, then looks at Agni. "Agni, we still have somewhere to be. Give my regards to Ciel for me." I think he was talking to me, seeing how scared he was of Sebastian. 

As they started walking off, Sebastian grabs Agni's sleeve. "Why did you pull me back here? You never answered."

"Oh, right. There was a man over that way watching you. It made me nervous so I pulled you back here. Do forgive me." I notice one of his hands is bandaged, but I don't want to be rude so I stay silent. "And it was a pleasure to meet you Mary. I hope to see you at the ball." 

I smile softly. "It was a pleasure to meet you too Agni. And I do hope I can speak to you more there, along with your master. He seems nice." I felt Sebastian tense and I quickly add on, "Sebastian has been nice too. Everyone has been recently. I really feel welcome here." His shoulders relaxed and I smile.

Agni runs after his master and I look at Sebastian. "Thank you for helping me. I think I got lucky grabbing your coat like that." 

"Yes, you were. I was worried for a minute there. And there was a man watching me?" I tense, suddenly realizing what Agni had said.

"S-Sebastian, what if it was the one from my dream? I-I already said I saw him." I was trembling again. 

"It wasn't. Now let's hurry back to the manor, get you a bath, and then your 'room' set up on my nightstand." He chuckles when he says the word 'room'. I can't help but not believe him thi time. I am more convinced then ever it wasn't just a dream.

~Itty Bitty Time Skip~

After we got back to the manor, Sebastian had taken me back to his room and set the box on the bed. He looks at me as I now stand on the nightstand. "What would you like to do first little miss? Would you like to bathe or set up the furniture?"

"You know I hate water." I cross my arms, pouting. "Can't I skip the bath Sebastian? Pretty, pretty please?" I stick my bottom lip out, batting my eyelashes to try and act cute. It almost seemed to convince him.

"Miss Mary, I- no. You cannot sway me. Even if you are a cat." He chuckles and pets my ears.  "Now because of that, you are getting your bath first." He opens the box, pulling out the toy tub. "I'll be back shortly." He also tosses a black silk nightgown to me. "I got this without you knowing. It will be warm tonight. I have also gotten you a fleece one. Both in black, like you like." He smiles warmly then sets the doll towel on the nightstand, then leaves the room.

Once he left, I carefully get off the nightstand to the floor, running and hiding underneath his closet. I was not taking a bath. No. Nope. I don't do water. I am going to avoid this any way I can. 

The door opens and I smile, thinking he won't find me here. "Where are you?" My heart stops. That wasn't Sebastian's voice. That was the man with yellow eyes.

I hold perfectly still as I listen to him calling for me. I can see his black shoes walking around the floor. The room almost gets colder, and I am trembling with fear now. "S-Sebastian.." I whisper. "Please..." Then the shoes stop right in front of the closet. 

"You shouldn't make any noise with a demon around." The voice was cold, and a demon? 

The face shows up right in front of where I need to get out from. "N-No, Sebastian!" I try to scream, but nothing came out. I couldn't move. I was literally frozen in fear. 

"You can try to call him. He won't come." He chuckles darkly, sliding his gloved hand underneath. It looks way less inviting then Sebastian's. 

"P-P-Please...what do y-you want w-with me?" I manage to speak, and he stays silent, grabbing me. I scream this time, hoping he will come. "Sebastian! Sebastian please!"

I look up at the demon with yellow eyes, trembling in his firm grip. "he won't come." He growls. "He doesn't really care about you. He is a demon, which means it is all a fake."

"N-No, it's n-not true!" I look down, thinking though. The smiles, the laughs, the kind gazes. They could have been fake. And he would have been here by now if he did care. "Sebastian, please!" I try again, just in case. I can't believe it. He is trying to get into my head. I won't let him.

Suddenly, I am dropped to the floor, and look at the yellow eyed demon to see him pinned to the wall with a silver knife, then turn slowly and see Sebastian standing there, knives in his hand and he looks at me, and I look back, feeling relieved and shaken up. 

"Miss Mary, do forgive me. I didn't mean to take so long." He smiles kindly at me, and I nod as he walks over to the yellow eyed demon.

I know now, without a shadow of a doubt, this demon, this man, is my friend and he truly does care about me.