Todo blinked in disbelief. "Is he.. giving him a second chance?"

Kara made a nervous smile. "Osomatsu-niisan can be unpredictable at times.. at least, that's what Karamatsu's memories tell me.."

Ichi looked at Osomatsu, noticing that stupid grin on his face.

Matsuno Osomatsu from the other dimension.. yes, he's an idiot.. but.. could he truly be a genius underneath that stupid grin of his?

He then looked at Oso, who snorted. "I know.. what you're thinking.. Suuji Ichi.." He glanced at him with calm eyes. "But.. if there's one thing.. that differentiates me.. from him.. it's the fact.. that he's much.. more honest.. to himself.. and to others.. than I am.." He chuckled, but if Oso was smiling, that smile of his was hidden by the red towel covering his face. "What you see.. is what you get... a legendary idiot.. who is greedy.. and spoiled.. but is really.. a nice person.. who'd do anything.. for his loved ones.. and for the people.. around him.."

An idiot, huh?

Somehow, Ichi doubted that. He doubted it even more when Tougou seemed to consider Osomatsu's offer.

And Tougou then took Osomatsu's hand, causing the eldest Matsuno to let out a cheerful laugh. Kara let out a sigh of relief, Todo muttered something about being "over" with this hellish night, and Oso fiddled with the stem of the rose, but his eyes seemed to be soft and calm now. Ichi would have enjoyed the atmosphere if he didn't remember that they were in a burning building.

An idiot with a good heart at least.

"Good choice, old man." Oso grinned, using his free hand to rub his nose. "C'mon. Let's get outta here before all of us suffocate to death."

He helped Tougou up, and planned to walk towards Oso and the rest.

"How stupid of you to think that a monster such as he can be redeemed."

Osomatsu froze, Oso looked up from the rose, Todo, Kara, and Ichi all looked at them, and Tougou stopped dead in his tracks.

Osomatsu looked back at him.

There was something behind Tougou.

A figure clad in a white light had their palm extended towards Tougou and Osomatsu.

"You failed, Tougou-san. I guess you know what's the punishment for failure, hm?" The figure chuckled. "Bye bye."

"You..!" Immediately, Tougou pushed Osomatsu out of the way.

Osomatsu landed on his back, trying to reach out for Tougou. "Hey-!"

And then a blade went through Tougou's stomach, and more blood came out of his mouth, spilling on the floor. "Gwah-!"

"TOUGOU!"

The light surrounding the figure disappeared, revealing a floating being dressed in white. With the way he was floating in his all-white attire, he may look like a holy being. But no. His eyes were gold, yet lifeless. His smile was peaceful, but menacing to Osomatsu. And on one hand, he was holding a silver sword with a golden hilt. One might think he was an angel from the heavens sent down by god in order to punish those who are evil, but Osomatsu knew he was nothing more than the devil himself.

Kamimatsu.

"My, my." Kamimatsu chuckled, using his free hand to cover his mouth. "And after getting this far? I guess it was foolish of me to get my hopes up. And even after I promised that I'd give you the power to resurrect your wife.." Kamimatsu scowled. "You let me down. I gave you half of my power just for you to fail? Utterly disgusting. It was a simple task; retrieve Matsuno Osomatsu, and I'll give you the rest of my powers just so you can do whatever you want." He pulled the blade out of Tougou, spilling the blood all over the area where Tougou had been standing.

Osomatsu immediately ran over towards Tougou, grabbing his hand with his own. "Tougou! Tougou, don't die on me, we still need to-"

"Kid.." Tougou's voice was raspy and weak. "Run.. now..!"

"But-!"

A golden light appeared on Kamimatsu's palm. "Well, so much for that. Thank you so much for your service, Tougou-san." Kamimatsu chuckled, his eyes darkening. "Now die."

"RUN KID-!"

"Other me..!"

Osomatsu was frozen in place, but he felt arms wrap around his back and pull him back. He realized it was Oso, who was hugging him protectively as Kamimatsu prepared to shoot the beam at Tougou.

He snapped his fingers.

Oso also covered Osomatsu's eyes with gloved hand. "Don't look..!" Was all Oso could tell him, his voice panicked. He seemed to be breathing harshly too.

"ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!"

Tougou?-!

"Don't look.. don't open your eyes..!" Oso repeated again, his voice now shaky.

He heard Kara scream, and he was sure he heard the sound of gagging as well. "Kara!" That was Todo's voice. "Fucking hell..!"

"Oh god.." That was Ichi's. "Oh my god-!"

What's going on?!

"Tch. What a mess of intestines." He heard Kamimatsu's voice. "And ew, blood everywhere. Truly disgusting." He scoffed. "And Oso! I didn't expect to see you here, of all places! I really apologize for snapping on you that one time, that was truly mean of me!" His voice was mocking. "But I can see you did a swell job of being such a thorn on my side! And you even found the other you! How nice!" Kamimatsu started to giggle. "Now, be a good boy and give him to me, hm? We don't want to be stuck in a burning building after all, hm?"

"Over my dead body..!" Oso hissed, clutching tighter onto Osomatsu's body. "I won't.. I won't let you.. have him..!"

"Protective, aren't we?~" Kamimatsu said in a sing-song voice. "Ah, you truly have changed, Oso! Ever since you forcefully took a shard of my power from me and even burned your left hand in the process.. well, you've been trying your best to help Osomatsu back in his own dimension, hmmm? How sweet of you!" He laughed. "But Oso.. as always.. I know you'll fail. Because you're weak."

"Shut up..!" Oso growled. "Just shut up.. Kami..!"

"Well.. I'd like to forcefully take Osomatsu off your hands.. but I don't want to fight you in this run-down building that also happens to be on fire. Maybe some other time.~" Osomatsu managed to peek through Oso's fingers. He could see Kamimatsu opening some sort of portal and stepping in. There were red splotches on his white hoodie, but he didn't seem to care. "Until we meet again, Oso!~"

And then Kamimatsu disappeared.

Osomatsu removed Oso's hand from his eyes and saw the mess that Kamimatsu had been talking about.

Messier than Hatabou's corpse, there were it seemed as if Tougou was no longer one person. Osomatsu swore that Tougou's arms had been removed from his body, and were those intestines-

"TOUGOU-!" He nearly gagged, until Oso grabbed his wrist and squeezed it tightly.

Oso turned to the other three at the back.

The building was starting to collapse. Ichi tightened his hold on his brother, and Todo pulled Kara closer to him.

"Let's get out of here!" Barked Todo.

Oso nodded, and Osomatsu didn't even realize he had exited the room and was running back in the hallways, with Todo, Ichi, and Kara following him.

Tougou's still back there, Tougou's still alive-!

He remembered Tougou's blood-curdling scream. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Oso squeezed his wrist even more. "Other me.. run faster..!" He yelled.

Osomatsu nodded.

There's nothing to go back to in that room.

The Disappearance of Osomatsu-sanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें