Chapter 35. Slade's P.O.V.

"You are correct" she smiles.

"But I was joking, you could stay there, I'll just take a seat here" she adds waving her hand to dismiss our little discussion/argument concerning the seating.

"You look.......different" I think out loud examining her from head to toe as she sits down.

"Yeah I cut the tips of my hair, but they aren't really noticable. Thank you for noticing though" she grins pulling out a book from her bag.

"No" I shake my head.

"You look completely different. Like everything about you is different......wow" I think out loud.

Maybe I should stop thinking out loud.

I'm saying too much, she's going to think I'm weird.

"I don't think you're weird" she assures.

Did I seriously think that out loud too!?

Could I get any stupider!?

She chuckles.

I groan from embarrassment.

Why am I suddenly acting like this?

So uncool.

Instead I'm feeling more nervous than usual and acting along with saying awkward things.

This isn't like me.

At all.

"People have been saying the same thing to me all day. Even people who never acknowledged my presence." She shrugs.

"It's funny too. Because when they realize who I actually am, the little invisible geek who wasn't worth anything to anybody, they react even more shocked and amazed then go up to me and say, no way you're Grace Evans!" she laughs gently.

"How wouldn't they be amazed, you look hot" I say without thinking.

My eyes widen as she stares at me.

She bites down at her bottom lip to stop herself from smiling.

But she couldn't hide the red on her cheeks.

That however didn't change the fact of what I just confessed to her and how red my face probably was maybe redder than her cheeks or how pale it was from the confession.

I couldn't tell.

Either way it wasn't good.

"I-uh" I clear my throat nervously trying to find the correct words.

"I meant, you look great. Yeah, great" I rephrase.

"Thank you" she replies trying her best to sound casually.

Silence fills the air.

I watch her as she reads her book.

Curiosity filling my thoughts.

She lifts her head.

I don't bother to look away, my stare was probably burning into her face.

Maybe that's what caused her to lift up her head.

I couldn't deny I had been starring.

If she would've asked me I couldn't have lied.

She would see right through me.