Chapter 3.

"I'm Slade" he introduces, but there was no need.

I knew exactly who he was.

Everyone did, how can you not?

He was popular, good looking, and scary to many many people including the jocks.

Realizing this was reality, I had no choice but to speak.

"I-I'm Grace Evans" I state stuttering.

"Nice to meet you Grace Evans" he replies standing up extending his hand for me to take.

"Thanks" I say taking his hands as his strong arms lift my body up from the ground.

"Did they hurt you?" he asks.

Why is he asking me this?

Why does he care?

He's suppose to be a jerk, mean, badboy.

Why is he being nice to the geek of the school?

Maybe he doesn't even know I'm the geek, maybe he didn't even know I existed.

I shake my head no pushing up my broken glasses with my middle finger.

"Good, I'll make sure they don't ever go near you again. They won't hurt you" he assures.

My heart begins to beat faster and faster as he said those words standing inches away from me.

I felt as if my heart was going to fly out my chest.

"Y-you don't need to do that. I'll leave you alone I promise I won't ever stand in your way I..", "You're not bothering me. You don't need to leave me, I'm offering you my help. I will help" he informs cutting me off.

I sallow the lump forming in my throat nervously looking down.

"It's fine, I don't need your help, I-I'm fine" I state moving away from him.

"I won't hurt you" he assures sincerely.

"Really I'm fine" I repeat turning my heels and quickly walking away.

"Wait!" he calls out, but I was already out the building making my way home.

Yes, I was scared.

A guy like that wouldn't just come and help a girl like me.

There had to be some type of catch.

Plus, who wouldn't be afraid of him?

He's the freaking badboy of the entire school, you'll be insane if you stand in his way!

And I wasn't going to take any chances.

Slade Johnson was unpredictable and very dangerous.

Noway was I going to stand in his way, even if he was just offering me help.

~*~

"How was school honey?" my mother asks as I open the door to the house.

"It was good" I simply reply taking an apple from the fruit basket making my way up to my room.

"Wait" she orders.

I sigh turning around to face her.

"What happened to your glasses?" She asks in concern.

"I-I just fell, thats all" I answer nervously.

"Sweetie, thats the 5th one this month. What's really going on with you at school that your glasses keep breaking?" she asks.