Chapter 28.

"Why do you doubt my skills and strategies so much darling?" he beams.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Slade please don't tell me we're going to break in?" I ask in almost a plead.

"We're not" he dismisses.

I cross my arms against my chest.

"We're not?" I repeat with a raised eyebrow.

"No" he shakes his head in an annoyed tone.

I laugh at the sound of his response and how serious he looked along with annoyed.

"Oh yeah? Then where's the key Slade?" I challenge.

"I have something better than a key little one" he grins.

"Let me guess, tools to pick a lock" I say.

He smiles.

"There's more than one lock" he corrects.

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"For the love of God Slade! Don't you ever learn?" I ask.

He stays quiet.

"It's like you love getting in trouble and doing dangerous things that result into you getting arrested" I exclaim.

"Like seriously Slade who is it you're trying to impress?" I ask.

"Nobody!" he snaps.

I stay silent a little shocked that he yelled at me that way.

What a way to begin a first date, way to go Grace, ruining your own date! Really clever.

He sighs.

"Look I'm sorry, I just thought this would be something fun we could both do.......I just want to do something special" he states cupping my cheeks.

"I wouldn't let anything harm you Grace, just have faith in me and let loose for once" he adds looking me straight in the eyes.

"You do believe in me right?" he questions.

"I-i do" I respond quietly.

His blue eyes sparkle.

"Good" he whispers his eyes falling down to my lips.

Is he going to.......no........is he?

I snap out of my inner thoughts once I see Slade leaning in.

Closing my eyes I feel his lips crash into mine moving passionately.

Pulling my body closer to his we deepen the kiss.

After a few minutes he pulls away smiling.

I can't help but smile myself.

''Ready to do this?'' he questions resting his forehead on mine.

''Are we going to get in trouble?'' I ask.

''It's possible.....'' he honestly replies.

I sigh.

''Slade you know I'm not the type to get into any type of trouble. I don't want what happened last time happen again. EVER.'' I confess.

''I'm not asking you to get into any trouble Grace, all I said was that there was a possibility, because I'm not going to lie to you. Plus that doesn't mean we're going to get caught babe, if anything I'll take full responsibility and make them let you go. And nothing like last time will happen again, I wasn't in a good mood at that time. I didn't want to know about anyone at those moments. But I want to know about you, you're the only person I truly care about besides Steve'' he confesses.