{33}-The one where Dallon flips out

Last chapter, kids.
~~~~~~

FOUR YEARS LATER

I cannot believe it; just won't accept it. Four years that Phoenix has left and she came her just twice. Harsh, right?

She missed Amelie's and my birthdays, each one of them. She came for Knox's first birthday and one of Breezy's.

I don't think that she wants to live with us anymore. Wait, she already isn't.

"Dallon, she tries calling you." Breezy says.

"Yeah, like only two times a week." I snap.

"Dal."

"I don't care, Breezy. Four years. That's like 1400 days, I guess. Amelie would wait till midnight thinking that Phoenix would come, but then she would be sad and would sleep like that only." I say.

"Dallon, she grew up. She has a life of her own." Breezy rubs my shoulder.

"Guess what. I gave her that life. If I wouldn't be there then she would be still in that foster home in UK." I say, am I acting really child-like.

"Dallon, calm down." Breezy smiles, "Just a reminder, if she was not there, then even I wouldn't be here. She was able to accept me as her mom. Amelie and Knox think that she is our child."

"Sorry for shouting." I sigh, as she plays with my hair, "I just miss her a lot."

"So do I, Dallon." She smiles, "Let's just say that you were having one of you mood swings."

"Very funny." I kiss her.

"Dal."

"Yeah."

"Go out for sometime. Clear your head." She kisses me again, "Phoenix will come back."

"I wish the same."

-----

"Call her."

"No."

"Just do it." Brendon insists, "If Phoenix was here, I am sure she would have mentioned a meme."

"I am not calling her." I say.

"Why?"

"Because everytime I call it is, 'Dad, I am at work', 'Dad, I am at Amsterdam', 'Dad, I'm at Portland'." I imitate, "Next thing you know it'll be, 'Dad, I'm at the Himalayas'."

"I don't think that Himalayas is possible." Kenny says.

"Trust me, one day it'll be." I say.

"I swear, Dallon. If you don't call her, I will. Right now." Dan says, taking out his phone.

"She won't pick up." I say. But Dan still calls her.

His face falls off, "It's going to voice mail."

"I told you she is busy." I say, "She is too busy to talk to her Dad."

"Dallon don't think like that." Brendon rubs my back, "She just got a little older, nothing else."

"Seriously Brendon. Kate and Levi visit us more." I say.

"That is because they live in this country. Whereas Phoenix lives in the other part of the world." Kenny explains.

As if I had no idea about geography.

"I am going to England. I haven't seen my daughter for a long time and will see her now." I state.

"Stop being a baby, for god's sakes, Dallon." Brendon says. To be honest, I was surprised. "Act like an adult. Your daughter grew up, you cannot keep her with you even if she is fifty."

"Are you telling me that I am old?" I ask.

"Stop changing the subject, Dallon." Brendon rolls his eyes.

"Brendon, I have three kids. And you don't." I say.

"Too far, Dallon. Too far." Kenny says.

"You don't even have kids, Brendon. What will you know about the feeling when one of you kids leaves you for four fucking years?" I say.

"Dallon, that's it!" Brendon gets up and walks near me, "I may not have any kid, but I was much closer to Phoenix than you ever were."

"Brendon, I--"

"I was there, when she spent days at my house, just to recover, when you were helping your girlfriend to move in with you. She shared everything with me." Brendon says. I could notice that his voice was rising, "I am the only one who knows how her mother died. And how Ryder's death became so personal to her. The fact that it triggered everything related to her past."

"Brendon, I'm--"

"I was the one, who did everything to make her happy, even though she was confined to that wheelchair." Brendon says, "She may not be my daughter, but she is one hell of a niece."

"I'm sorry." I stammer, "I really am sorry."

"Even I am." Brendon says.

Suddenly we are interrupted by Dan's phone, "Guys, its Phoenix."

"Pick it up." All of us say and he does so.

"Hey, granola boy." Phoenix's voice echos.

"Dallon ask her, now." Brendon rubs my shoulder and smiles, I nod.

"Phoenix, can I ask you something." I say.

"Yeah, Dad." She says, "Anything for you."

"Do you want to come on tour with us?"